Amazing shure customer support. (why i love shure)
Jul 21, 2011 at 9:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

bcasey25raptor

Aka: Brycon Casey
aka mental patient
aka Enter Darkness
aka Shurefan
aka reaperofaudio
aka everyone knows
aka very funny
hello all
a week ago i sent my shure srh840 in for repair and i received them today. i was thinking about everything that could go wrong when i sent them in but they replaced them no questions asked.

they told me to send the headphones out without accessories and so i did. i kept my accessories in the box and left the box in my room. i shipped the headphones out in a cardboard box.
well today when i received them i got a brand new box of headphones WITH ALL ACCESSORIES INCLUDED, so now i have 2 cords, 3 sets of ear pads, 2 cases, and 2 1/4 inch adapters.
i was expecting to just receive a new pair of headphones without the accessories especially considering shure told me to keep the accessories. shure honored their warranty and sent me a new pair. that my friends is what good customer support is. replaces or fixes the problem without asking questions. also this new pair sounds much better then my previous pair. it's not harsh, and it is properly balanced. i highly recommend shure to everyone for their customer support alone.

as anyone else had similar experiences dealing with shure?. share your experiences.

Jul 21, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #3 of 14
I got about the same situation with Microsoft over the 360 RROD, got sent a new one with everything to it like new is I would was sent with a 1 month pass for the Gold membership. Box was wrapped perfectly with the card taped to it.

Then my mother's computer had the same deal when I sent in just the desktop and received back the entire order of new desktop, monitor, keyboard, mouse and so on. I still have the two monitors I got from that and gave my mother the one I was using.

But that's good to hear

Jul 21, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #4 of 14
i had heard from everyone that shure had amazing customer service. i believed it but now that i have experienced it i am happy to say i love shure.

Jul 21, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #5 of 14
Yeah Shure is one of the good companies for manufacture warranties and actually doing something about it.

99.9 % of most electronic companies basically don't want to do anything warranty wise and really try shafting people.
Although some people really do abuse their stuff and then want a warranty.
And some companies that sell the stuff also shaft people like Best Buy.

Jul 21, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #6 of 14

Quote:
Yeah Shure is one of the good companies for manufacture warranties and actually doing something about it.

99.9 % of most electronic companies basically don't want to do anything warranty wise and really try shafting people.
Although some people really do abuse their stuff and then want a warranty.
And some companies that sell the stuff also shaft people like Best Buy.

i don't know about you but i prefer to buy something and not worry knowing they have a solid warranty support. thats why i may buy a lot of shure products in the future.

Jul 26, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #7 of 14
ok a few days later and it seems like i have the same sound issue. the left side seems slower and quieter. is it just placebo effect?

Jul 26, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #8 of 14
ok im wearing them backwards and i still notice the left side is quieter. What. is there a chance i have a lazy ear or something?

Jul 26, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:
ok im wearing them backwards and i still notice the left side is quieter. What. is there a chance i have a lazy ear or something?

Do they sell this brand in Canada?  There's probably something similar locally if not.

Jul 26, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #10 of 14
Jul 26, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #11 of 14
If its enough earwax to actually effect your hearing then Q tips aren't a good idea.  (Those are better for daily cleaning of small amounts.)  You could try lots of warm water and a little luck.  You really need something to dissolve it to do it properly though.

Jul 26, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #12 of 14

Quote:

Why don't you go to a physician and check your hearing then?
Maybe you are losing your hearing on one ear?
Do you get/feel out of balance by any chance?

Anyway, go to your Dr. just in case...

OR

it could be the source or recording you are listening to... ... try other songs/sources..

P.S. SHURE RULES!! :p

Jul 26, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #13 of 14
i think it's probably mostly placebo but i don't know for certain.

Jul 26, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #14 of 14
Have you tried playing the track on a computer?  Maybe that particular track is skewed to the left.  I had a bad track once and thought it was my headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back