Amazing Bay Area Meet 2/19/11 Impressions Thread!
Mar 10, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #226 of 303
You are right, we service many customers in the "pro" sector and our setup often mimic the kinds of equipment they would use.  Very often there is some type of EQ before the sound gets to the IEMs, source equipment is less of a concern as the sound is often "live".

I think more emails about "order shipped" should be going out today and tomorrow.  Please be sure to check your "junk" mail folder as well, sometime the email we send out gets tagged as spam :)

Quote:

Thanks for the reply. 

I guess I've come to assume that vendors of audio gear will always present their equipment at its very best.  Your approach is certainly honest.  Due to my own assumptions, it surprised me a bit. 

Could the different approach be attributed to UE serving a different primary market than the audiophile community?  Your product line is primarily targeted at performers and pro-audio.  While I don't doubt that you consider audiophiles important customers, your focus on the pro-audio community probably has an impact on presentation decisions.  

Adding a high end system to your presentation will probably create quite a queue at your table the next time you appear at a Head-Fi meet.  I don't doubt that it will also enhance sales.
smile.gif

I appreciated your [size=11pt]trusting [/size]me with one of your IEMs at the meet so that I could walk off with it and spend some time evaluating its performance with other gear.  That exploring resulted in my becoming a customer.

Me too -- just checked! 
Rats!  Nothing yet.
frown.gif

Mar 10, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #228 of 303
I just received one as well.  The anticipation grows!
Quote:
I just got a UPS shipping notification from Ultimate Ears. Muahahahhahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 11, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #229 of 303
Well, I'm really not very excited about this... but... MONDAY DELIVERY !!!!! 
ksc75smile.gif
  MONDAY DELIVERY !!!!! 
ksc75smile.gif
  MONDAY DELIVERY !!!!! 
ksc75smile.gif
  MONDAY DELIVERY !!!!! 
ksc75smile.gif
  MONDAY DELIVERY !!!!! 
ksc75smile.gif
  MONDAY DELIVERY !!!!! 
ksc75smile.gif

Oh yeah, that was mature.
rolleyes.gif

Notice how this has gone from a thread about the meet to one about the UE's and their delivery date? I assume someone will eventually start one on the Portables forum.

Mar 11, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #230 of 303

Quote:
I just received one as well.  The anticipation grows!

Got mine yesterday too. Monday delivery as well! I wonder, did anyone pay for expedited shipping? Would they have come today if that was the case? I'm taking a plane ride to visit my mother and it would have been nice to have them. To block out the noise from the plane of course!

Mar 11, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #231 of 303
So for those of us who were really late in ordering (I just could not make up my mind which model to go with!!)... roughly what was the turn around time from placing your order to shipping??

Mar 11, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #233 of 303

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane55 /img/forum/go_quote.gifMONDAY DELIVERY !!!!! 

ksc75smile.gif
  MONDAY DELIVERY !!!!! 
ksc75smile.gif
  MONDAY DELIVERY !!!!! 
ksc75smile.gif
  MONDAY DELIVERY !!!!! 
ksc75smile.gif
  MONDAY DELIVERY !!!!! 
ksc75smile.gif
  MONDAY DELIVERY !!!!! 

If they would've only been able to ship one day earlier. 
frown.gif
  Oh well, at least the weekend is one hour shorter so that cuts the wait time by a little bit. 
popcorn.gif

Mar 11, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #234 of 303

Quote:
If they would've only been able to ship one day earlier. 
frown.gif
  Oh well, at least the weekend is one hour shorter so that cuts the wait time by a little bit. 
popcorn.gif

I KNOW! And next weekend I've got houseguests... oh... hey, maybe that's a good thing. They're coming in just in time. 
wink_face.gif

Mar 11, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #236 of 303
ARGHHH!!! My customs are in South San Francisco, CA!!! I wish I could go there after work and just pick them up! I guess they're going to just sit there until Monday. Sooo irritating knowing that the IEM's are 5 min away from my house and I can't have them!!!

Excuse me, as I need to drive to the pet store and punch a baby kitten right now. 

Mar 11, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #239 of 303
I'm not exactly sure about all UPS locations, but my HE-LE5's showed up UPS the other day.  I called with the tracking number and said I wanted to pick them up that night.  They took my phone number, located the package, estimated when they could have it off the truck and available, and called my cell phone to set up a pick up time.  It was 8:30pm!!  Only thing I took with me was the tracking number and a government ID that matched me with the shipping address.  Mad props to UPS, try that with Fedex, not gonna happen!!

If you want them, and can travel to the closest distribution center (which is where the truck will go) you can likely get them tonight!!  Call UPS.

Quote:
ARGHHH!!! My customs are in South San Francisco, CA!!! I wish I could go there after work and just pick them up! I guess they're going to just sit there until Monday. Sooo irritating knowing that the IEM's are 5 min away from my house and I can't have them!!!

Excuse me, as I need to drive to the pet store and punch a baby kitten right now. 

Mar 11, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #240 of 303

Quote:
I'm not exactly sure about all UPS locations, but my HE-LE5's showed up UPS the other day.  I called with the tracking number and said I wanted to pick them up that night.  They took my phone number, located the package, estimated when they could have it off the truck and available, and called my cell phone to set up a pick up time.  It was 8:30pm!!  Only thing I took with me was the tracking number and a government ID that matched me with the shipping address.  Mad props to UPS, try that with Fedex, not gonna happen!!

If you want them, and can travel to the closest distribution center (which is where the truck will go) you can likely get them tonight!!  Call UPS.

Head-Fiers... bunch of crackheads. 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back