Amazing Bay Area Meet 2/19/11 Impressions Thread!
Mar 14, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #271 of 303

Quote:
I'm sure others will know better, but from what I've read, balanced armature IEM's don't really need any break in/ burn in.

From what I've read of other's experiences, as well as my own... very little if any burn-in for BA's.

Also... @ PANGES. It's silver. Some photo's will make it look black.

Mar 14, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #272 of 303
Not bad for a Motorola Droid X. 
smile.gif

Mar 14, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #273 of 303
Very classy presentation.

Mar 14, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #274 of 303
Mar 14, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #275 of 303

Quote:
Sweet!! 
beerchug.gif

Yes, nice box and presentation.  I'll come right out and say it- when I opened the box I went straight for the IEMs... didn't read the literature.  The IEMs had some fingerprints and smudges on them.  There are a few small bubbles and a tiny 'flake' in the backplate of one of the units.  The bores are similar but not perfectly identical.  Most of this stuff is very minor, and even for someone as OCD as myself I won't be returning them or anything like that.  I guess it's just the nature of something that is 'handmade'.  On the upside, this being my first set of customs, I must say that the fit is spot on perfect.  They're easier to put in and take out than I had anticipated.  And the IEMs themselves feel indestructible and the cable is the best I've ever seen.  I'm at work right now so my listening tests are limited.  I ran a signal sweep to make sure there were no rattles or buzzes- so far so good.  I'm pretty happy with these so far!

Mar 14, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #276 of 303
Yes, they do appear 'hand made' with slight differences between the two (as well as very minor 'imperfections'. Certainly nothing to be concerned or upset about. (And heck... they have my initials on them. How cool ! )

I can't listen to anything yet, but I did put them in, and they seem to fit perfectly as well. We'll see. I'll try to put some tunes through them after lunch.

Mar 14, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #277 of 303
(This is turning into a UE Customs thread... oh well)  The fit and seal on these things are so good that if I sit quietly w/o music playing I can hear my pulse.  And if I move my jaw just a bit I can feel the air inside of my ear compress or expand.  Man, these sound good.  I'm just glad the people in the office have no idea what I paid for these. 
etysmile.gif

Mar 14, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #278 of 303
I'm so jealous, shane55 and Mkubota1. 

Mine are due to be delivered today, but there was a mix up with my request to Todd to have it shipped to my work address and no one will be at home to sign for it unless UPS uncharacteristically shows up after 4:30 pm.  Todd was really apologetic about the mix up and insisted on sending me something to make up for it.  Really excellent customer service from Todd and UE so far, and I look forward to getting my IEM's sometime this week. 

Mar 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #280 of 303
[size=10pt]@ diago. I hope there aren't further snags in getting yours. Good luck.[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]Mkubota1. Yeah, I've now had them in for a short time, listened to some music, and for the most part I like them. The sound is relatively natural, highs are not brilliant / bright, and bass is not overwhelming. They seem to have a fairly neutral sound without coloration or obvious exaggeration. Highs might be rolled off slightly at the upper reaches of the spectrum.[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]Sorry for sounding a bit wishy-washy on this… The fit is interesting and I have to equalize the pressure in my ears and do other jaw-related things to get them to fit and stabilize. These things SEAL !![/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]So it’s going to be a bit until I’m used to them and comfortable with them enough to do any serious listening.[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]My only first-impression ‘negative’ is what I feared all along. Even worn up and over my ears, the microphonics is pretty great. Yeah… you can hear your own pulse… as well as every movement of the cable (and yes, the cable IS fantastic!!). Some of this may be due to pressure issues; some may be due to the rigid materials (I’m used to foamies only). We’ll see.[/size]

[size=10pt]And yes... someone is going to have to start a UE Pro - Custom Appreciation Thread, 'cause we're really derailing this one hard... 
redface.gif
[/size]

[size=10pt]@ tengen... Fantastic!!![/size]

Mar 14, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #281 of 303
Mine came in too!!! The cable is really one of the best of all the IEM's I've owned. 

Only negative I must note that bothers me just a little bit is that there's a scratch on my IEM's, although I can live with that. Also, my left IEM seals perfectly; however, my right IEM doesn't seem to form too great of a seal. I'll play with it more after work and see if there's something I can do with my jaw or ears to make it seal better.

Mar 14, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #282 of 303

Quote:
[size=10pt]Sorry for sounding a bit wishy-washy on this… The fit is interesting and I have to equalize the pressure in my ears and do other jaw-related things to get them to fit and stabilize. These things SEAL !![/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]So it’s going to be a bit until I’m used to them and comfortable with them enough to do any serious listening.[/size]

I find myself with similar thoughts.  For a while they feel fine.  But then I think I feel a bit of pressure here and there.  I think the tolerances for these things are so darned tight that if you just so much as look the other direction, you will feel something change.  I'm not sure if that's good or bad.  Universals with foamies or silicon are definitely more forgiving.  I guess that's why they tell you to try them out for a few days before rushing to send them back for refits.

Mar 14, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #283 of 303
So, I see some 4's, some IERM's... what other models did you all order? 

I still have over a week to wait on the 11's I ordered, all of these deliveries is not going to make this easy!!

If someone starts a new thread please post a link to it here so we can follow on with hearing your impressions!
Thanks,
Chris

Mar 14, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #285 of 303
VERY nice, guys...congrats on them arriving not even a month after the meet!

I'm trying REALLY hard to "not remember" that I have a pair coming too (UERM).

I think it's time to start a thread, maybe:  UE Customs Impressions Thread 2011?

Since I don't have any yet...I'll let one of you guys name it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back