Am I Losing Audio Quality?
Apr 26, 2012 at 6:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Odium Child

New Head-Fier
This is my first post on the forums
biggrin.gif
anyways...

I just recently bought some Ultrasone HFI-580's and I'm really new to this whole "higher end" audio. I had to buy a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter for it to work on my computer, however, I'm running it as a pass-through on my keyboard into my sound card (Xonar DG). So it goes Headphones -> Adapter -> Keyboard pass-through -> sound card. To me they sound good and are a big step up from what I had before. I'm just wondering if I'm missing the "full" experience. Also I bought the adapter from Radio Shack, is that going to affect the quality also?

The reason I have this setup is that it's convenient from me to easily switch between my headphone and speakers instead of messing around under by my computer.

All help/suggestions is appreciated.

Apr 26, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #2 of 3
The adapter shouldn't be reason enough for you to concern yourself over any noticeable quality loss unless the adapter is of such low quality that it breaks simply by grabbing it :)

Now, you should bypass using the keyboard audio hub and connect the headphones straight to your sound card, that will improve sound quality on the headphones.

Wait, why did you get the adapter? Both the HFI-580 and the Xonar DG use 3.5mm connections, and the HFI-580 already comes with an adapter.

Apr 26, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
Wait, why did you get the adapter? Both the HFI-580 and the Xonar DG use 3.5mm connections, and the HFI-580 already comes with an adapter.

Hmmm, I must have missed that detail when I got my new toy
blink.gif
. I am going to have to look into that when I get home from work. Thank you so much for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back