Am I insane?
Jun 19, 2005 at 5:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

PsychoZX

Headphoneus Supremus
After hearing the R10 at the recent south florida meet i've been driving myself crazy trying to think of ways to be able to afford them. Now I am thinking about picking up a second job and using the extra funds to get myself some r10s.
tongue.gif

Jun 19, 2005 at 5:32 AM Post #2 of 18
No. You just know what you like, but are barred from it by pecuniary problems.

They weren't kidding when they said "sorry about your wallet."
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 19, 2005 at 5:41 AM Post #3 of 18
I just wish they were still in production. I doubt I will be able to find a used pair for much less than $4000.

Jun 19, 2005 at 5:42 AM Post #4 of 18
why dont you show a little bit of self control? (no offense) go get a beer and listen to some music on your rig. hehe

Jun 19, 2005 at 5:47 AM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker
why dont you show a little bit of self control? (no offense) go get a beer and listen to some music on your rig. hehe

lol. I'm not even old enough to drink. EDIT: lol according to your profile neither are you.
biggrin.gif

Jun 19, 2005 at 6:02 AM Post #6 of 18
The problem is their is more demand than supply. There are a few headfiers here who are waiting to pounce on one the moment it appears.

Only if they are in perfect condition will they go for $4k but the recent ebay auction recently pushed less than perfect condition R-10's thru the roof. R-10 without a case and had a noticeable sized scratch went for $3300 which is totally insane.

While I admire your ethic for working and to getting one. There are more important things in life than rare headphones.

Work, save, enjoy yourself and you will get a shot later on.

I think your setup is great and probably best bang per buck sound you are going to get. If you flog yourself to death and get a set of R-10's then you will have people telling you, your source ain't up to it or your interconnects or blah blah ain't up to it. Which just even add more expense which means you need to work more. which can't be good if you are too tired to listen to it.

Jun 19, 2005 at 6:14 AM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
The problem is their is more demand than supply. There are a few headfiers here who are waiting to pounce on one the moment it appears.

Only if they are in perfect condition will they go for $4k but the recent ebay auction recently pushed less than perfect condition R-10's thru the roof. R-10 without a case and had a noticeable sized scratch went for $3300 which is totally insane.

Yeah its quite unfortunate that is the case.

Quote:

While I admire your ethic for working and to getting one. There are more important things in life than rare headphones.

There are?
biggrin.gif
(j/k of course)

Quote:

I think your setup is great and probably best bang per buck sound you are going to get. If you flog yourself to death and get a set of R-10's then you will have people telling you, your source ain't up to it or your interconnects or blah blah ain't up to it. Which just even add more expense which means you need to work more. which can't be good if you are too tired to listen to it.

Well if I get them I could care less if people say things like that for two reasons. 1. I'm getting a much better source soon. A Denon DVD-3910. I will have it modded later on. 2. Even out of my very moddest setup at the florida meet I thought the R10s sounded miles ahead of anything I've heard before aside from the insane speaker setup we heard the night before the meet. I just hope someone brings an R10 to the november meet I plan on hosting. That way I can spend more time with them to decide for myself whether they are worth it to me.

Jun 19, 2005 at 6:24 AM Post #8 of 18
You're asking for a diagnosis of your sanity in a forum with a thread entitled "There's Satan in my room"?
eek.gif
No, you're not sane!!!!
biggrin.gif

Jun 19, 2005 at 6:34 AM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
You're asking for a diagnosis of your sanity in a forum with a thread entitled "There's Satan in my room"?
eek.gif
No, you're not sane!!!!
biggrin.gif

lol that thread wasn't there when I posted this one.

Jun 19, 2005 at 7:28 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
eek.gif
No, you're not sane!!!!
biggrin.gif

and you should see where the thread is going too ..

Jun 19, 2005 at 7:31 AM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX
After hearing the R10 at the recent south florida meet i've been driving myself crazy trying to think of ways to be able to afford them. Now I am thinking about picking up a second job and using the extra funds to get myself some r10s.
tongue.gif

and .. wow .. head-fi is able to do such a thing as pushing people change their life habits / masacre their self on working for affording headphones

( or get/change a job , which is not so negative )

evil_smiley.gif

this place is perdition

Jun 19, 2005 at 8:32 AM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
and you should see where the thread is going too ..

Hmmm, would that be to the devil?
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 19, 2005 at 8:34 AM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX
lol. I'm not even old enough to drink. EDIT: lol according to your profile neither are you.
biggrin.gif

neither am i but i do it anyway, everyday after work haha then on weekends you dont veven wanna know its end up with me on sat morning in my toilet bowl

but i would trade what happens on most friday nights for the world.

Jun 19, 2005 at 8:46 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Mauler
neither am i but i do it anyway, everyday after work haha then on weekends you dont veven wanna know its end up with me on sat morning in my toilet bowl

but i would trade what happens on most friday nights for the world.

lol I didn't say I don't drink. just that i'm not legally supposed to.
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 19, 2005 at 9:49 AM Post #15 of 18
What about the HP3000s or K3000s ? you could always get them and have Larry make them look like R10s
tongue.gif
orphsmile.gif

img61.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back