Am I dreaming? I got AES/Cary sixpacs mono's..and their balanced...hahahaha
Mar 9, 2006 at 5:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

bhd812

Headphoneus Supremus
Am I dreaming? I got AES/Cary sixpacs mono's..and they are balanced...hahahaha

SO I was on Audiogon doing my usual search for Cary and others when I cam to an auction for Balanced AES/CARY six pacs with balanced inputs and wbt style binding posts..

I emailed him after I found that he was 15mins away from me. It turns out not only are they including the 12 Electo-Harmonix EL34's but also the orignal Ruby el-34B's and that's just the power tubes. the input are Electo-Harmonix and Raytheon plus original tubes.
he also included a set of Mag wire balanced cables that measure in at 2 meters, and the Cardas xlr-rca adapters..wow

he brings them to my house and he has all tube boxs,shipping box's,manuels,bias cord, and he also had a smile on his face...

OMG OMG OMG its like the CARY v-12 mono's are my dream amps (I WILL HAVE THEM ONE DAY..WHEN I HAVE A NICE HOUSE FIRST) And I have been looking for CARY slm-100's on Audiogon for awhile...

The amps are sitting outside my room cause I need to sleep tonight and I know if there in sight I wont sleep...

I never thought I would actually have a set of six pacs...this is like the Meridian g08 shock..you dont believe it..I know i am going to wake up tomorrow and first thing is look at them..lol

then of course after coffee I will you know hook them up.

Omg I have somany questions but I am so tired..

I just dont know..

sorry if post not make sense, I need sleep...I think i am dreaming now....Oh man

lol
Ok i reply tomorrow maybe with pics...yeah with pics of course..lol

here is the audiogon link to them..and dont bid!! I already have them..hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehheheheheheh e
http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/auc....ube&1142302918

Mar 9, 2006 at 5:58 AM Post #2 of 10
those are some nice amps Billy.

seems that they'll match the rest of your setup with the black case and red LED too.
biggrin.gif
that's why you got them right?
tongue.gif

Mar 9, 2006 at 4:14 PM Post #5 of 10
That is pretty much exactly how I felt when I got my Pass Labs X250.5 home... at 2am... I went to go to bed, but couldn't sleep... I was too excited, so I went and unboxed the thing, hooked it up, had a very brief and quiet listening session and only after that could I sleep!

Those Carys are great, and god are they gorgeous. Enjoy!

Mar 10, 2006 at 2:47 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by hungrych
So are you gonna get a K1000 to use with them?
very_evil_smiley.gif

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showp...&postcount=116

The day after the Cinnci meet I woke up and thought about the rocket 88r and this amp for the K1000. I seen my chance at these but mostly went cause these had the power for my Dyna's also..

I have pics will post them laters

Mar 10, 2006 at 3:36 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
Congrats on you new acquisition.
I think you have surpassed the mighty jahn
smily_headphones1.gif

billy was thrice cursed before i even joined up here!
tongue.gif
congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back