Am I beyond help?
Oct 16, 2002 at 8:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

andrzejpw

May one day invent Bose-cancelling headphones.
I just used my headroom $100 GC that I got for volunteering at the WOH tour. On what? Clou blues! After I finished up speaking with Todd(through the horrible static on my phonelines), it hit me. I just ordered a pair of $100 cables. CABLES. Not even long cables, not a lot of cables, not RCA cables, but cables to go from my headphone jack to the headphones. Good lord! Am I beyond help? Am I doomed?
eek.gif

Oct 16, 2002 at 9:02 PM Post #2 of 17
What?!?!
Of all the possible things that you could have chosen you went and picked up WIRE ?
What were you thinking?
This "Head-Fi" place has clouded your judgment and sense of responsibility.
You are spending way too much time here (just look at your post count!)
For punishment you are to go to your room and stay there until you see the errors in your ways.

[size=xx-small]Psst.
Now that your parents are gone, go ahead and enjoy a good CD in peace.
biggrin.gif
[/size]

Oct 16, 2002 at 9:15 PM Post #3 of 17
Nah, you're condition is still treata-
/gaze falls on andrzejpw's postcount

Nevermind.

Oct 16, 2002 at 9:20 PM Post #4 of 17
Yes, you are beyond help. A C-note on some cables? What were you thinking man!?!?!

You should have sold your bedroom furniture and anything else you could get your hands on and raised another $900.00 for a MOH.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 17, 2002 at 1:14 AM Post #6 of 17
lol, no lou, I mean the $100 clou blue replacement cable for my HD580s. Looking at what bootman said, GOOD LORD. Those were pretty much my dad's words when I told him I was going to buy the headroom little w/ premium module, a bargains at $300 with my headroom credit! Similarly, those were his words when I told him I was going to buy the cardas. . . damn, I'm seeing a pattern.

JMT: put it this way: If I wanted to, I could buy 2 MOH. Problem is, my parents won't let me spend my money on what they see as useless.
rolleyes.gif
Ah well, I see where they're coming from.

Oct 17, 2002 at 1:25 AM Post #7 of 17
What do you mean they won't let you spend your money? Do you not have a check card? (I.E., do you not have a checking account?)

I suggest you start a career doing eBay trading - start buying small stuff (TUBES!!!) and selling it off, then show them how much money you've made and tell them you need a checking account so that they don't have to pay for the stuff.

It's your friggin' money... if need be, ship me the MOH and I'll recase it as a Sony DVD player.

Oct 17, 2002 at 1:33 AM Post #8 of 17
Eric: that's just how my parents are. I'm not in college, only high school. Basically, before I buy practically anything over $50, I have to do it through them. Sure, I keep a tab of the money I make/spend, that's how I know how much I have. Of course, they don't know about my Outlaw PCAs, or my ksc-35s, or my mx500s. Really pays to have friends who's parents don't care. . .
redface.gif
but for big ticket items, there's really no other way than through parents. I await the day I get to go to high school. . .

But anyway, the money I save now is going towards some parts for an AWESOME computer for college.

Oct 17, 2002 at 6:14 AM Post #10 of 17
Ya know, i'm still waiting for your dad to sign on one day and tell us that you've been carted off to the looney bin.

very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 17, 2002 at 6:56 AM Post #11 of 17
Hi everyone -

This is andrzejpw's father. I just thought I'd let you all know that you should be ashamed of yourselves. You have given my son a horrible disease.

I have had him committed. I'm sure you understand.

Regards,
askjciacoq

^
|
|
wait, that name still has too many vowels, doesn't it?
very_evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif

Oct 17, 2002 at 2:33 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
Eric: that's just how my parents are. I'm not in college, only high school. Basically, before I buy practically anything over $50, I have to do it through them.

The logical question, of course, is how they:
a) Know it cost more than $50.
b) Control what you can buy...
c) Prevent you from buying something and disguising it in the case of the minisystem that's on your shelf but you've not used in ages.

And for the record, whoever said I was in college?
wink.gif

Oct 17, 2002 at 4:34 PM Post #13 of 17
Here's what I did for teh outlaws:

Gave $50 in cash to friend, friend ordered, gave to me, and we're golden.

I mean, I could buy anything, if I had the cash sitting in my pocket. But a MOH? There's no real way I could get $900 in cash. . .

Oct 17, 2002 at 4:50 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
IGood lord! Am I beyond help? Am I doomed?
eek.gif

Of course. As are the rest of us.

But who cares. This hobby is not based on logic and little of it is based on reality or fact. We are in this for the fun, the thrill of the hunt. What else is money for? You'd rather give it to the government or undeserving people? I think not.

This is no worse than putting a $500 cartridge on a $200 turntable. A bum looks better in a suit regardless of the price/performance ratio.

Spend your money as you see fit. But do not ignore the #1 rule..

"Make sure you are upgrading, not sidegrading"

Oct 17, 2002 at 5:47 PM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

"Make sure you are upgrading, not sidegrading"

Beagle, that quote should go into the Head-Fi archives. Right next to "Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back