Am I a Headphoneus Supremus yet?
Nov 16, 2002 at 11:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

pigmode

Truck-Fi
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 17, 2002 at 4:23 AM Post #8 of 13
That all depends Pigmode. Does that qualification come solely from number of posts, actual knowledge, or public opinion??

I would say that you would be there as Headphonus Supremus. By the time someone actually gets to that rank they should have, as a minimum:

1. Spent $5000 in headphones and related equipment.
2. Read at least as many posts as they started/replied to.
3. Learned at least one new thing about headphones.
4. Send Jan Meier at least one happy birthday wish.
5. Flamed Kelly or Jude at least once.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Nov 17, 2002 at 5:04 AM Post #9 of 13
ServinginEcuado,
I have nothing to hide, as my reputation is a matter of public record. Let's take a look.

>Spent $5000 in headphones and related equipment

Nope. Here's my entire purchase history (under $2000.) beginning with the Headwise days.

Senn HD575
JMT CHA-47
Senn HD580
AH! Njoe Tjoeb 4000
AKG K501
Melos SHA 1
A-T W2002

>Read at least as many posts as they started/replied to

I haven't started very many threads.

>Learned at least one new thing about headphones

Mmm, not sure about that.

>Send Jan Meier at least one happy birthday wish

Who's Jan Meier? Is she the hottest new Euro super model? I sure hope so. I don't "happy birthday" guys.

>Flamed Kelly or Jude at least once.

Nope. I like Kelly and Jude.

Well sorry to dissappoint, but it looks like I've entered the rarified ranks of the Headphoneus Supremi based solely upon meeting the minimal requirement of shooting the crap to the tune of 1500 mouse clicks.
tongue.gif

P.S. Where's my complimentary Mug-Fi?

Nov 17, 2002 at 6:27 AM Post #10 of 13
Pigmode,

OOPPS, that was actually the requirements for the Headphonus Knuckleheadus Maximus. Seems you failed that test and have now been accepted, at least in my eyes, into the ranks of Headphonus Suprimus! You are welcome to flame my posts, call me an idiot, and question anything I do!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Nov 17, 2002 at 6:35 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
Pigmode,

OOPPS, that was actually the requirements for the Headphonus Knuckleheadus Maximus. Seems you failed that test and have now been accepted, at least in my eyes, into the ranks of Headphonus Suprimus! You are welcome to flame my posts, call me an idiot, and question anything I do!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I'd never flame you ServinginEcuador. I'm fairly open-minded of other peoples audio opinions (snicker). The farthest I'll go is to call you a Girlie-Maan, and that only if you deign to oppose my opinion.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 17, 2002 at 6:40 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by pigmode
I'd never flame you ServinginEcuador. I'm fairly open-minded of other peoples audio opinions (snicker). The farthest I'll go is to call you a Girlie-Maan, and that only if you deign to oppose my opinion.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm sure it will never come to that. I have learned not to get so emotionally attached to what I like or own that I will resort to such low tactics. Plus, I ignore flames and name calling. The quickest way to diffuse something here is let it go and ignore te posts. Far too often really good threads get locked because people get heated and get into a contest neither can win.

I'll have to remember the Girlie-Man thing whenever I'm tempted to oppose you're obviously superior knowledge and experience oh Supremus one!!!!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back