Alternative to my DT770's
Mar 3, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovelin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would the ALO modded 780 w/ DT250 pads be significantly lighter (to wear, not necessarily to carry) than they stock DT770 pro? In other words, would I feel less neck strain after six hours of ALO 780 then DT770?

Because of the clamping nature of the 780s you likely won't have any neck strain, an extra 300 grams on a 15 pound head won't make much difference.

Mar 4, 2010 at 5:16 AM Post #17 of 25
In that case, I think I've made up my decision. I'll probably go with the ALO 780 with the beyer pads, and I might get the Zero with moon for home use. I'll prob keep the beyers because I love the bass for movies and games (which hopefully I'll have time for again in a couple years).

Mar 4, 2010 at 5:57 AM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

In that case, I think I've made up my decision. I'll probably go with the ALO 780 with the beyer pads, and I might get the Zero with moon for home use. I'll prob keep the beyers because I love the bass for movies and games (which hopefully I'll have time for again in a couple years).

You loose a lot of slam with the velor pads, tried them and while they were a tad comfier lost a lot of what I love about the Ultrasones. The 780s bass will be much better than the Beyers, but the best you can do is give them a listen and decide for yourself.

Mar 4, 2010 at 6:00 AM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You loose a lot of slam with the velor pads, tried them and while they were a tad comfier lost a lot of what I love about the Ultrasones. The 780s bass will be much better than the Beyers, but the best you can do is give them a listen and decide for yourself.

I guess I'll have to read up a little more on the pads. Thanks for the warning
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 4, 2010 at 6:07 AM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

I guess I'll have to read up a little more on the pads. Thanks for the warning
smily_headphones1.gif

The longer I've owned them the more comfortable they have become to the point where I no longer notice them on my head, so you may not even need them! A few complain of the clamping nature of the cans which also eases over time; the solution I found was to simply extend the headband a little further. But yeah I think you should try them before going with the alternative pads.

Keep us updated with your impressions!

Mar 17, 2010 at 5:05 AM Post #21 of 25
Alright, so I'll probably be ordering my headphones in about a month or so. So around the pricerange of the ALO 780, is there anything comparable that meets my initial requirements (closed, significantly lighter than the DT770, at least semi-decent for classical, can work without an amp but still benefits from it)?

And how do the 780's sound with the Zero with Moon? Is this a good combo?

Mar 24, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #23 of 25
Don't have much experience with other cans, but I find that even stock 780s make classical very enjoyable when equalized properly
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 24, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #24 of 25
i like my audiotech m50's good iso and hardly any leakage. good bass too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back