Alternative to Bose Qc15
Sep 26, 2012 at 6:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

dcsquirrel

New Head-Fier
I tried these in best buy and the bose store and I don't know if it is the fact that it is noise cancelling but I really loved the way they sounded and I have tried other headphones but I really love the sounds of these. Any alternatives to these as they are expensive :S
I

Sep 26, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #5 of 17
sennheiser has some good NC headphones, much cheaper, sounds better.

I disagree. While Bose QC15s do not hold the trophy for best sound quality, they do hold the award for indisputable best active noise cancellation, a field they pioneered. I personally own a QC15 and they walk all over other noise cancellation options - no ifs or buts. If you're looking for marginally better noise cancellation then choose Sennheiser or Audio-technica but if noise cancellation and comfort is what you're looking for then your search ends here.

Sep 26, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #6 of 17
It isn't really the noise canceling that I desire it is more so just the sound of them
I know most people don't like the quality but atleast from when I have tested them I like the way they sound.

Sep 27, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #9 of 17
The Sennheiser HD 598
Beyerdynamic DT 880
Akg 701

Here's some headphones around the same price range that will sound better. What kind of music do you listen to?

Sep 27, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #10 of 17
Denon HP700 for a portable fullsized(has a short cable but is coiled) or M-Audio Q40 if you don't intend to use them for portable use and for a portable on ear with a short non coiled cable look at the recently released JVC H-S500.

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #11 of 17
OP did you go with the Bose or take some of the suggestions from the fellow head-fiers here? I think the HD598 will be a VERY good fit if you liked the Bose QC15. Never buy Bose, they are overpriced, they sound good because you most likely are coming from Apple earbuds or some other sort of awful earbud/headphone. Go with some other type of headphone that won't need a headphone amp. I think you should look at the Denon AHD2000 as well, it sounds great!

Thomas

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #12 of 17

Sennheiser HD 598
Beyerdynamic DT 880
Akg 701
Here's some headphones around the same price range that will sound better. What kind of music do you listen to?

>OP asks for noise canceling alternatives
>proceed to post list of open headphones

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #15 of 17
Yes, but am I wrong in pointing out that closed, noise cancelling portable cans are the EXACT opposite of open, non-portable cans? There's absolutely no way you're going to get similar sound.

I, too, can read, Quite well, actually. 
floatsmile.png

Here's proof. I even used all the same headphones he suggested. The sound signatures are completely different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back