Alternative(s) to my GR07BE?
Jan 18, 2014 at 12:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

honfoglalo

100+ Head-Fier
I got a GR07BE a week ago, I used Brainwavz M2 and R1 before.

The GR07BE is more detailed and significantly superior to my previous earphones, but I feel it too sharp,  too harsh, too much treble and not enough bass without EQ, it often hurts my ears without EQ, I also hear sibilance, its not smooth. I use an iPhone 4 unamped. I have not got a good seal, and I ordered the Sony Hybrid eartips, but I am not sure they will help. I am looking for a more fun, warmer sq.

I mostly listen to rap and hiphop and mainstrem. I have read a lot, I found that eph-100 could be maybe better, or SE215 LTD more fun (but the second maybe would be a big downgrade, I dont know).

What else could be a good choice?

Jan 19, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #2 of 17

Me x3

Member of the Trade: FiiO Store Argentina
Hi,

I think EPH-100 is exactly what you are looking for. If you want to spend some more money you could also read about DUNU DN 1000.

Best Luck!

Jan 19, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #4 of 17

Shauntell47

100+ Head-Fier
If you're worried about build quality, the Aurisonics Rockets might be worth considering if you can wait. There are some very promising impressions out there:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/697768/aurisonics-a-short-review-after-playing-with-the-as-1-as-2-and-the-new-rockets

Seems like they have good bass and lush treble which you seem to value...

Feb 18, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #8 of 17

mark5hs

100+ Head-Fier
Don't buy new headphones yet. I own the GR07BE and they were very harsh out of the box, but they sound awesome now and the harshness is gone. They have a very long burn in period, so just keep using them or leave something playing on them. It really is worth the wait. 

Feb 18, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #9 of 17

honfoglalo

100+ Head-Fier
I bought it more than a month ago, and I felt it was improving and was better, but now I feel it harsh again, I am surely after 150 hours of listening. Dont you feel it harsh/sibilance (a lot) with like Bon Jovi - Have a nice day, dont you?

Feb 18, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #10 of 17

juan1894

100+ Head-Fier
  I got a GR07BE a week ago, I used Brainwavz M2 and R1 before.

The GR07BE is more detailed and significantly superior to my previous earphones, but I feel it too sharp,  too harsh, too much treble and not enough bass without EQ, it often hurts my ears without EQ, I also hear sibilance, its not smooth. I use an iPhone 4 unamped. I have not got a good seal, and I ordered the Sony Hybrid eartips, but I am not sure they will help. I am looking for a more fun, warmer sq.

I mostly listen to rap and hiphop and mainstrem. I have read a lot, I found that eph-100 could be maybe better, or SE215 LTD more fun (but the second maybe would be a big downgrade, I dont know).

What else could be a good choice?

Before start to recommend a bunch of IEM's you can buy, I have to say, try to get a good seal. No In ear Monitor sound good without a proper seal.

Feb 19, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #14 of 17

zamorin

500+ Head-Fier
Here's a comparison between GR07BE and SE215 from a forumer here:

From: http://www.head-fi.org/t/630585/vsonic-gr07-bass-edition-impressions/1815#post_10052250
  1. metabaron

I have both and the Shure don't even come close. The SE 215 are good for what they are, fun headphones for people that want a warm, not critical listening. They are outclassed by the V Sonics on pretty much everything, is not even a contest. In fact, they are not the best in their price bracket, and in fact even headphones that are cheaper, like the Dunu's Landmine, are better. Of course, personal preference plays a huge part in our selection, and you might prefer the Shure's sound signature. So they are not better but you might end up enjoying them more.

------------------------------

I don't find the GR07BE sibilant at all. I'm comparing it with the Tpeos H-100. How is the sibilance with the new ear tips?

Mar 13, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #15 of 17

bunsco

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I Think you should defiantly stick with them.

The G07BE's frequencies do sound a bit as you describe them, but the general conscientious is that they need about 250-300 hrs burn in for most if not all the problems to disappear.

I've just bought a pair off Krisman who's pair was a couple of months old and to a lesser extent - I heard the problems you experienced. But after leaving them looping on a 'burn-in' playlist I made on my ipod , I already can hear a pretty significant difference in the harshness of the sound, in that all the frequencies have settled down a bit...and they are sounding AWESOME!

I think i'll need to burn them in for another 150 or so hours before i get to there true potential (these babies do scale beautifully with my short time with them) - and from where i am with mine at the moment, i cant wait!
As for the seal, have you tried the pulling up on your ear technique when putting your IEMs in - which is the way you should really insert IEMs - of any make.

For me the stock tips are fine as i make sure of getting a good seal - if you dont get a good seal ANY IEM  wont sound too great.

I really think you shouldn't give up on them as they are truly marvelous IEMs - and thats only after owning mine for a few days and these babies are only going to sound MUCH better when fully burned in

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread