Alternate contact info for iDealSound?
Aug 27, 2004 at 12:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Iron_Dreamer

Sponsor: Audeze
Landscape-Photo-Fi
Organizer for Can Jam '09
I tried to make an order with iDealSound earlier in the week, and I was told that they had plenty of E5's in stock, so I sent them a payment via paypal. The next day they told me they were out of stock, so I went and found a better deal elsewhere, and asked that they refund my payment. It's been three days and numerous emails without a response from them, and now I get a notice telling me that they're shipping an order to me after I repeatedly asked them to cancel it. Their phone number is not working, and I can't find another other way to contact them and get my $300+ back. Somebody help!!!

Aug 27, 2004 at 1:15 AM Post #2 of 24
I feel your pain, as I had to chase down a refund for a month once. Paul never responded to the kind emails, it took a flame to get a response. I don't actually think he's a bad guy, but communication has got to improve. I say, he deserves a flame for not properly reading your other emails, and quickly call the CC company to cancel the payment.

Don't forget to leave feedback here at Head-fi when its all done! Hopefully he'll be able to take a good long look and figure out where he's going wrong.

Aug 27, 2004 at 1:22 AM Post #3 of 24
Well he better expect a damned onslaught if it takes a month, expecially after I canceled my order at a time he was out of stock. I mean you can coordinate with suppliers, and send out tons of packages, but you can't read a simple email? I mean it would be one thing if he simply didn't respond for a while, but when I find that I'm getting shipment of something I cancelled several times days prior. Grrrrrr.

Aug 27, 2004 at 4:26 PM Post #4 of 24
I still haven't heard anything from these people. Nobody knows of another phone number or SOMETHING to get in contact with them? Because they've apparently deactivated their email or something like that....
rolleyes.gif

Aug 27, 2004 at 7:27 PM Post #5 of 24
try contacting your credit card company (hopefully you have your e-mails, both incoming and outgoing) to dispute any charges (assuming you used a credit card - otherwise, you probably have to deal with paypal directly, and they're notorious for lack of service on issues of this kind).

you may also want to send a letter certified mail, return receipt requested. the address i've seen is idealsound, 2010 madison avenue, redwood city, ca 94061

Aug 27, 2004 at 7:43 PM Post #6 of 24
I avoid using PayPal when ever possible. And I use credit card payment for PayPal too. Just for the extra layer of protection the Credit Card will provide.

Dispute with your credit card company if you can, PayPal as well.

Refuse shipment of the package if you can (not easy since you usually have to be there when the shipper arrives)

I would also send a signed an dated letter to iDealSound complaining about this problem. Make sure to add, "contacting Better Business Bureau" somewhere in the letter.

Good luck, Peter.

-Ed

Aug 27, 2004 at 8:53 PM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanT
EDIT: Sorry I didn't read correctly the first post. It seem that the phone didn't work disregard this post

From his ebay seller page there is a phone number maybe a call would work better than email

Hope you solve your problem

Thanks, but their phone number is not working now, because they say they are moving to an 800 number, so I guess I'm SOL.

Aug 28, 2004 at 2:14 AM Post #10 of 24
Well I know who not to order my 6i's from... Man I hate companies like this.

Aug 28, 2004 at 2:22 AM Post #11 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by bpm2000
Well I know who not to order my 6i's from... Man I hate companies like this.

Well at least you know about the problem, and can act accordingly. With so many complaints, I wonder how long they'll be able to sustain much of a reputation, even as a forum sponsor.

Aug 28, 2004 at 2:29 AM Post #12 of 24
The sad thing is, I don't even think he's a bad guy, he just makes himself that way because he doesn't read his emails, or respond in a comprehensive way because he didn't fully read the email. I know it's tough. I handle most of the communications for my husband's graphics website. When he does an update to a program, I get flooded, but you know what? I handle it.

Aug 28, 2004 at 3:18 AM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
The sad thing is, I don't even think he's a bad guy, he just makes himself that way because he doesn't read his emails, or respond in a comprehensive way because he didn't fully read the email.

Sounds like someone else notorious here for communcation problems regarding his products... :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
Well at least you know about the problem, and can act accordingly. With so many complaints, I wonder how long they'll be able to sustain much of a reputation, even as a forum sponsor.

It never ceases to amaze me that people still order from places with so many complaints and tarnished reps. I guess thats why they're still around today.

Aug 28, 2004 at 6:47 AM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by bpm2000
It never ceases to amaze me that people still order from places with so many complaints and tarnished reps. I guess thats why they're still around today.

The funny thing is that I had heard nothing but good things about iDealSound before I contacted tham. I had heard they matched prices very nicely, and had the fastest shipping around, and blah blah, but nothing about them being damned ignorant. I guess that is going to change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back