Dec 11, 2007 at 4:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

grouchy

New Head-Fier
Dec 11, 2007 at 5:26 PM Post #3 of 40
great one!

Dec 11, 2007 at 6:20 PM Post #9 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRobbStory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any explanation for the $150 price cut? How do these sound?

I think I'm going to grab a pair anyway. I've never used an IEM, and I'm sick of traveling with my SR-80's.

they are discontinued. they are er-4s's with a crappy pod that does degrade the sound, unless you do a podectomy.

these are prob kindof rough for a first IEM, proper fit is essential, ergonomics are ok, not sure about microphonics but they might be reduced over the ear a la shure or of course with a tacky shirt clip

Dec 11, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #10 of 40
While I am going to get the pod removed and have the 716s upgraded, I'd say they sound okay out of the box, and amped, they sound very good. Apparently the pod removal/upgrade (adding a 47 ohm resistor, for example), does make them sound even better. But for $50, they are a good deal. True, they are tough to drive without an amp, but even without the podectomy, they sound good, provided you get a good seal and find the right tips. I lucked out, and am using the very soft/comfy Atrio bi-flanges, which work perfectly with these phones oddly enough.

Dec 11, 2007 at 11:00 PM Post #15 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomzDayz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they are discontinued. they are er-4s's with a crappy pod that does degrade the sound, unless you do a podectomy.

these are prob kindof rough for a first IEM, proper fit is essential, ergonomics are ok, not sure about microphonics but they might be reduced over the ear a la shure or of course with a tacky shirt clip

Microphonics are not great. I wouldn't wear these when I walk home. I'd wear my UE 5 EBs or 5 Pros.

But for all their problems they're an unbelievable value for the price. Even for twice the current price they would be a must buy. If you can drive them properly they really make it worth your while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back