Alpha pads and the Pro900...............a great match
Jun 27, 2013 at 5:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Oregonian

Headphoneus Supremus
Yep, I grafted on a pair of Mr Speakers Alpha pads on to my Ultrasone Pro900 speed switch earpads (after cutting off the velour and foam padding) last night.  Super glued them together, let them dry, then let them rip.

The stock Pro900 to me is very comfy (after the HD650 headband mod) and the pads were in great shape but wanted to try this after seeing a pair of Pro900's on the for sale board with J$money pads. 

Well worth doing all you Pro900 owners.  Isolation is improved, bass seems to be better (if that is possible) and comfort.....well let's just say those lamb Alpha pads are the king of comfort. 

Pics.............coming soon.  Wanted to get this out there and see if anyone else has done this with Alpha's or anything else. 

Jun 28, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #2 of 3
Interesting. I haven't tried the Pro 900's, but they have always intrigued me. Did you have some way of trying the pads before gluing them down or did you just cross your fingers and hope for the best? I know that I love Alpha pads for sure, but putting them on my HE-400 wasn't the best match in the world -- they seemed fairly hollow sounding due to the larger chamber. I also had to make quite a few changes to my DBV#3 modded T50RP's when going from 840's to Alphas. Good to know that they only improve the sound of the 900's!

Jun 28, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #3 of 3
Interesting. I haven't tried the Pro 900's, but they have always intrigued me. Did you have some way of trying the pads before gluing them down or did you just cross your fingers and hope for the best? I know that I love Alpha pads for sure, but putting them on my HE-400 wasn't the best match in the world -- they seemed fairly hollow sounding due to the larger chamber. I also had to make quite a few changes to my DBV#3 modded T50RP's when going from 840's to Alphas. Good to know that they only improve the sound of the 900's!

I took off the stock pads and put the Alphas in place, holding them with my fingers while putting them on my head. Got to a mirror, adjusted them to be centered and fired up the music. I knew from the threads from a couple of years ago (guys putting J$money pads on them) the concept was proven out so it was just a matter of making it happen. Knowing I had the spare set of stock pads as a fallback was nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back