Alpha Brainwavz IEMs, are they any good?
Oct 6, 2008 at 6:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Bombyx

Head-Fier
These IEMs from MP4 Nation are very cheap, and they are not likely to be audiophile-grade, but I wonder if they may still have a good value.

They got a positive review from a customer, but I would prefer a more enlightened opinion.

I searched Head-Fi, but there is not a single thread mentioning these earphones.

Did some of you try them ?

Oct 6, 2008 at 8:01 PM Post #3 of 16
Out of mere curiosity, I suppose.
smile.gif
Would you have tried PL-30 IEMs if you were not curious? Each time some cheap phones get a good review, it intrigues me.

Oct 8, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by div /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like a scullcandy one

The overall look of these IEMs is obviously inspired by Skullcandy's Smokin Buds, but if you look at them closely, every detail is different. So there is no reason to believe that they might sound like Smokin Buds. They may actually sound better, as the reviewer (who compared them) stated.

Nov 27, 2008 at 12:42 AM Post #12 of 16
X2 @ sparkfizzle

Got them through Raz as well with the bundle, though I regularly use them and sometimes interchangeably with X5s and Custom 2s through the S:Flo as well.

They do however sound quite similar to my CX55s, albeit looking a good deal cheaper, both in appearance and price. Nevertheless, they're quite boomy but sound decent enough, especially for only ten bucks.

Dec 24, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #13 of 16
The Alpha Brainwavz are worht every cent you pay for it.
They a powerfull punchy bass and clear mid and highs.
For just $10 dollars they are the best you can get.
I like them over my Sound Magic PL30/PL20 maby even my Shure E4C but that is just because of the bass.

They aren't as comfortable to wear as the Sound Magic PL30 but the soundquality makes up for it.

If you can miss $10 you must try them!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 5, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #14 of 16
Hi,
"Old" thread but i must reply :
I just bougt the alpha brainwavz and they are very good (IMHO) and a bargain for the price.
They seem to be the exact copy (same ?) of the Vsonic VSR02 but in black.
Compared them to creative E630 on a sensa fuze, E630 are bass-heavy and mids/highs recessed (and bad compared to brainwavz...), brainwavz have a better bass-slam (not boomy) and far better mid/high (louder and cleaner).
On a DX-708 Onkyo cd player they were good too, not as good as my beyer dt880s but not so far and with the same sound signature.
Gnyark

May 12, 2009 at 12:21 PM Post #15 of 16
I've recently ordered a pair of these, more out of curiosity than anything. I got a pair of SoundMagic PL-30s and I'm very happy with them... I'm a student so anything budget suits me :p

I'll let you know what I think whenever they arrive...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back