ALO SXC Cryo Wire for DYI
Oct 23, 2008 at 5:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

ALO Cryo SXC wire for DYI'ers and special projects, sorry not for resale on finished cables please, personal use only.

If you want to order a foot please follow the following ordering instructions. Feel free to email me if you have any questions. ken --> audiolineout@gmail.com

ALO SXC Cryo 18awg $9 a foot (email me for orders larger than 50 feet on all these for a price break)

ALO SXC Cryo 22awg $7 a foot

ALO SXC Cryo 24awg $4 a foot

SH anywhere in the USA add $8 for Priority Mail SH anywhere the rest of the world add $24for Express Mail Please make payment here, you can use any major Credit Card or Paypal

ALO Audio » Payment for ordering wire - click me

SXC-Cryo-Wire-dyi.jpg

The wire I had custom made for ALO exclusively. Tuned for what I wanted to hear in a portable audiophile grade cable. The wire starts with unusually hight strand count Ohno continuous cast mono crystal copper stranded wire that I had them silver plate each strand, then the wire is in a extremely flexible Polyethylene (PE) clear jacket. I made this for 2 main reasons, one to protect the copper from future oxidation (a primarily cosmetic coloring of the wire), this happens to wire that is physically handled a lot in a portable cable and two to give the cable a "silver" sounding detail to it. This cable is both warm yet exquisitely detailed, not laid back nor not muddy but still having a warm phat bottom end.

Cryo_logo1.jpg

I then took all this a step further by contracting CryoParts Cryo Treated Audio Parts for DIY to cryo treat my entire shipment of wire, all my mini plugs and even the ipod connectors. So the entire cable from tip to tip - Cryo Treated for the maximum sonic performance.

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Nov 14, 2008 at 4:08 PM Post #2 of 16
I have received my next custom wire and offer this for sale for DIY and hobbyists. Not for resale or resale on finished products.

Description:
Featuring unidirectional UPOCC, being free from impurity (up to 99.99998% pure copper) has electric resistance and practically no crystal boundaries. Accordingly, it is able to transmit electrical signals faster, and with less distortion than ordinary OFC and silver wires. I then had the wire drawn to fine strands and encased all this in a unique touch clear PE jacket, flexible enough for a true portable headphone cable, mini to mini or ipod cable - also superior for hook up wire. All of these features combined make the and ALO UPOCC Cryo the state-of-the art conductor material for the audiophile cable, warm balanced with tight low end and clean crisp highs. I receble all my Grado mods with this exact wire for a perfect match. I had the PE jacket is produced thicker than normal to guard against possible darkening and for abrasion resistance.

I then took all this a step further by contracting CryoParts Cryo Treated Audio Parts to cryo treat my entire shipment of ALO UPOCC wire - Cryo Treated for the maximum sonic performance.<p>

Cryo_logo1.jpg

ALO-OCC2.jpg

325i-modified wire.jpg

SR225burl1.jpg

ALO UPOCC CRYO COPPER $6.50 a foot

> 50 feet email me.

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dec 9, 2008 at 5:55 AM Post #3 of 16
Ken, is there 24awg for the cryo copper?

Dec 9, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by theory_87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ken, is there 24awg for the cryo copper?

Sorry no I did not have the 24awg made with the copper, it would have cost too much as there is a min qty that would have been needed to order this. I figured that the SXC 24awg would cover needs for the smaller size wire.

Best,

Ken

Dec 10, 2008 at 11:23 AM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry no I did not have the 24awg made with the copper, it would have cost too much as there is a min qty that would have been needed to order this. I figured that the SXC 24awg would cover needs for the smaller size wire.

Best,

Ken

Thank you for the reply thou i was a little disappointed that there is no 24awg

Feb 7, 2009 at 6:51 AM Post #6 of 16
i got some SXC wire and made a LOD for my Imod/Sonicap/Lisa rig with it. I am VERY impressed with this wire. Beautiful top end with solid tight bass and a clean midrange. The cable is nice and flexible. And its drop dead gorgeous. The nicest looking wire IMO.

Well done Ken !!

Feb 8, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i got some SXC wire and made a LOD for my Imod/Sonicap/Lisa rig with it. I am VERY impressed with this wire. Beautiful top end with solid tight bass and a clean midrange. And the cable is nice and flexible. And its drop dead gorgeous. The nicest looking wire IMO.

Well done Ken !!

Sweet!... Do you have any photos.

KB

Feb 8, 2009 at 7:32 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sweet!... Do you have any photos.

KB

Here it is.....

3261157796_6799fd1cd1_o.jpg

May 18, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #10 of 16
Hey Guys,

I wile ago I sent some drawings to the wire factory I have been working with and recently received my new wire product. What I have had made was a SXC wire same as the other ALO SXC wire (Ohno Continuous Cast Copper that is silver plated) only this wire has a different jacket. The jacket is a special clear PE that is thinner and more flexible. The wire stranding is a 22awg but the diameter of the wire is small. I made this especially for ultra portability, small mini to mini's, perfect for portable headphone cables, IEM extension cables, headphone extension cables, and any cable that needs to be ultra flexible or bend 180 degrees or with no strain. I will post some photos of this stuff when I get back from a few business trips later this weekend, and will have some samples at the Head-Fi meet in LA.

Some of the things I will be making with this wire (ALO SXC Micro Wire) is;

Mini to minis
Mini to RCA
Micro ipod cable
Micro iMod cable
headphone cables

Ken

Mar 29, 2011 at 11:36 AM Post #15 of 16
All

We are going to be vastly expanding the DIY section, we JUST launched the new ALO audio website so the DIY section is on my list please be patient we will be getting to all this soon.

Please check out the new site HERE

www.ALOaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back