ALO Sennheiser Headphone Cable

Discussion in 'ALO Audio Premier Sponsor Forum' started by kb, Feb 6, 2008.
First
 
Back
1 2
Page 3 of 5
4 5
Next
 
Last
  1. b0ris84
    i think i had a tear come out of my eye after reading that description.
     
  2. Ynis Avalach
    Will there be a balanced version of the 18G Cryo, with lets say Furutech XLRs? ^^
     
  3. KB Contributor
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Ynis Avalach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Will there be a balanced version of the 18G Cryo, with lets say Furutech XLRs? ^^



    Yes. I have not have time to get that on line yet.

    Email me if anyone wants one though.

    Thanks

    Ken
     
    ALO Audio Stay updated on ALO Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.
     
    https://www.aloaudio.com/
  4. b0ris84
    my plan was to get an equinox cable. I have thought long and hard over the past few days. I will be getting your's instead (i don't think i will be disappointed).
     
  5. KB Contributor
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by b0ris84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    my plan was to get an equinox cable. I have thought long and hard over the past few days. I will be getting your's instead (i don't think i will be disappointed).



    In don't either [​IMG]

    Ken
     
    ALO Audio Stay updated on ALO Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.
     
    https://www.aloaudio.com/
  6. b0ris84
    I shall be waiting for a balanced HD650 cable from you within the next couple of months hopefully. If i can somehow pull off affording a gs-x i will be anxious to grab that balanced cable.
     
  7. snejk
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    To that end, I will be tackling the internal weakness (the bottleneck) that plagues the HD600, HD650s*. The modded headphone will be ordered with the 18G cable at a slightly reduced price when bought as a package. I will be selling the modded HD600 or 650 with the cable soon.*if everything works the way I am hoping it will work, never a given.

    Thanks
    Ken




    Any clues to us on what this mod will consist of Ken?
     
  8. fkclo
    Hi Ken,

    Would it be possible to have a slimmer version using the Jena wires ? It is not about cost, but the bulk of the cable which may, I afraid, would affect the usability.

    F. Lo
     
  9. KB Contributor
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by snejk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Any clues to us on what this mod will consist of Ken?



    Hi Snejk

    I am still working on the mod at this time so cant estimate this yet... hold please

    Ken
     
    ALO Audio Stay updated on ALO Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.
     
    https://www.aloaudio.com/
  10. KB Contributor
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by fkclo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Hi Ken,

    Would it be possible to have a slimmer version using the Jena wires ? It is not about cost, but the bulk of the cable which may, I afraid, would affect the usability.

    F. Lo




    This is also an option. I did this to my E9s because I wanted them to be a true portable.

    Thanks

    Ken
     
    ALO Audio Stay updated on ALO Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.
     
    https://www.aloaudio.com/
  11. Bosch Contributor
    Good timing!

    My Zu Mobius SE has developed a right channel problem at the plug, probably due to a blanket/cable tangle malfunction in my bed (err, sorry, padded listening platform).

    Will bounce over to the website to have a closer look...
     
  12. crewchief
    Ken,

    Now that you are a Senn dealer have you given any thought in perhaps offering the 650 with a direct wire option? You know some cryo wire directly to the voice coil wire instead of the potental bottleneck of the plugs.

    Also you know I am not so sure about this cryo cable you have here. You might want to send me a loaner to get a third party review out to all the members.[​IMG]
     
  13. HeadphoneAddict Contributor
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by crewchief /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Ken,

    Now that you are a Senn dealer have you given any thought in perhaps offering the 650 with a direct wire option? You know some cryo wire directly to the voice coil wire instead of the potental bottleneck of the plugs.

    Also you know I am not so sure about this cryo cable you have here. You might want to send me a loaner to get a third party review out to all the members.[​IMG]




    I've already reviewed the JL vs Vampire wire for the HFI-780 thread. The results are the same with the HD600's and JL > Vampire wire, based on a short test I did with the HD600 version of Ken's cables. Sorry [​IMG]
     
  14. WaxMan
    What an incredible looking cable. I cannot wait to hear how it sounds. Ken, when to expect a silver in cotton headphone cable for the Senn's if ever?
     
  15. Bosch Contributor
    I've been using my ALO Senn replacement cable for a few days now (thanks Ken).

    The sound is very lush. There's a lot of detail and separation, i.e. slightly more 'airyness' in familiar recordings than I remember from the Zu. I probably need to switch between them to confirm this, if I can tape up the Zu so the right channel stays live.

    Bass and high frequency extention is about the same to my ears. The ALO just gives a slightly smoother presentation overall. I only burned it in for a couple of songs before first listening. The signature has not changed since then, from what I can tell.

    Now I'm curious about the HD-650 mods...
     
First
 
Back
1 2
Page 3 of 5
4 5
Next
 
Last

Share This Page