ALO Sennheiser Headphone Cable
Jul 3, 2008 at 7:39 PM Post #62 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh jeeze.

The wire is neither hyped nor marketing "crap", I doubt I would be in business if it did not make a size able improvement on the quality of the listening experience.

Ken,

In which way is the sound quality improved?

Which aspects of the cable contribute to which aspects of sound quality?

Thanks,
Leny.

Jul 4, 2008 at 5:54 AM Post #63 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ken,

In which way is the sound quality improved?

Thanks,
Leny.

Oh, can I answer that one?

The ALO Jenna Labs cryo 18g cable that I borrowed and listened to gave me more micro-detail, allowing me to focus more easily on different layers of the music, such as following background instruments. It was less blurred or veiled sounding, and therefore much more transparent sounding, allowing me to hear into the music without being so aware that it was coming from a small speaker right beside my ears. It was like I was wearing invisible headphones (HD600's). The HD600 also seemed to be quicker and had more extended treble, without being bright or sibilant. The were no colorations added to the HD600, but bass did increase by what seemed to be about 2db.

Moving from the HD600 cable to the HD650 cable only provided some of the benefits or gains, but could not match the JL cable at all.

Cost was the only reason I didn't buy one - I had other things on my plate to deal with and pay for at the time.

Jul 5, 2008 at 9:55 PM Post #65 of 69
Quote:

I think Larry has captured it. I would rather let users make the assessments on what sounds like what and how. To me its just simply "more better"
cool.gif

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jul 5, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #66 of 69
Quote:

I am not sure what you mean - I am only guessing if I say maybe the 18g copper renders good bass and warm mids, and that the cryo process speeds up the cable so the highs are more sparkly, with detailed/clear bass mids and highs.

That is only a guess, and has no scientific basis. Like Ken says, it just makes the sound "more better", so I don't care how it does it.

On a scale of 10 being the best, if the JL cable is a 10/10, the HD600 cable is a 7-7.5/10, while the HD650 cable is maybe a 8.5-9/10.

Dec 31, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #67 of 69
Hello,
i have found another cable with 4Pin for the SENN HD800.
here is the link : http://www.aloaudio.com/the-green-line-headphone-cable-updated
Could you tell me if that câble is better than the stock one we have with the 4 Pin XLR Balanced ?
if the sound Quality will be better than with the stock cable ?
the price is also interested.
thx 

Jan 2, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #68 of 69
  Hello,
i have found another cable with 4Pin for the SENN HD800.
here is the link : http://www.aloaudio.com/the-green-line-headphone-cable-updated
Could you tell me if that câble is better than the stock one we have with the 4 Pin XLR Balanced ?
if the sound Quality will be better than with the stock cable ?
the price is also interested.
thx 

I really can't speculate on how it "might" sound. But the stock 1/4" plug Sennheiser cable isn't that good, so I'd bet this will be at least slightly better.

I didn't know Sennheiser makes a stock one with the 4 pin XLR balanced, as you posted above.

Jan 3, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #69 of 69
Hello to Ken Ball and to everyone a part of this official ALO sponsored forum. At the moment this appears to be the only official ALO forum here on head fi, so I don't have much choice in re opening an old thread. Lol.
Anyhow, I am a very proud audiophile/ enthusiast of late because I put the last finishing touches needed to make my audio chain downright beautiful and perfect to my ears. I recently bought about a month ago, the ALO REFERENCE 16 1/4 inch cable (15ft) for the SENNHEISER HD800's.
I will just say briefly that I am really quite shocked with regards to the sonic improvements I have received with this cable when pairing it into my sound sources.
Stereo imaging, dynamic range, bass/treble extension and decreased microphonics are all at a very premium level.
So. I say thank you to everyone at ALO AUDIO who were responsible for making my cable. I couldn't have asked for a better, more durable cable to go with my equipment. I am truly getting the most out of my sources and more importantly my music.
Happy listening to all of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back