ALO Sennheiser Headphone Cable
Feb 6, 2008 at 6:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 69
[size=medium]Attention! It has come to my attention that there are fake Jena Labs cables being sold on[size=large] ebay,[/size] these are cheap copies that are not made by ALO and are not using Jena Labs wire. ALO nor JenaLabs sell on ebay. Please do not support fake knock of cable from people who do not support Head-fi. Thank you.[/size]

[size=large]Available now, The ALO Sennheiser Cable.

[/size]
[size=large]Unleash the FULL potential of your HD600/HD650s

[/size]
I am currently testing this ALO / JenaLabs 18G Cryo headphone cable. We are using a dedicated high quality rhodium plated connectors that we are able to solder the cable directly to the poles, no splicing. I have been chomping at the bit to make a cable for these wonderful headphones. ALO is getting set up to sell Sennheiser headphones as a authorized dealer and will plan to bundle our Senn headphone cables with the new phones as well as sell the cable stand alone. Prices to follow after I can get all the initial testing done.

ALO-Senn.jpg

Senn-alone.jpg

Senn-on-box

stock-cable.jpg

The ALO Sennheiser Jumbo Cryo Headphone cable, nest to the stock Sennheiser cable.

For more information and purchasing please go to ALOaudio - Audio Line Out: Interconnect cables and portable line out docks for iPod

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Feb 6, 2008 at 5:30 PM Post #7 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are you going to offer this cable using vampire wire to get the cost down?

Hey thanks all for the posts and positive feedback.

Yes I plan on offering the same Sennheiser cable using different materials, as well as a silver in cotton type. I am using a 22G Cryo cable for my UE9s that is great for a very portable cable. This larger 18G cable is not what I would call portable but then again neither is the HD600s.

As for the price, I understand that the price of these JL ALO Cryo cables will not be for all due to the costs. But I will make some that will be less than my competitors cable. The Vampire 20G wire is going to be a excellent lower cost alternative that will crush the stock cable.

Thanks
Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Feb 7, 2008 at 12:33 PM Post #11 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundfreq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
looking forward to this, as this is will be my first aftermarket senn cable

Please don't take any offense to this, but I think you may want to invest more in your source before you jump on any cables. Your cables seem to cost more then the rest of your system components whereas they add the least improvement. A hornet was not meant to be a main amp for the HD650 and a ~$100 cheaper desktop amp then the hornet would likely do you better.

Feb 7, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #12 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please don't take any offense to this, but I think you may want to invest more in your source before you jump on any cables. Your cables seem to cost more then the rest of your system components whereas they add the least improvement. A hornet was not meant to be a main amp for the HD650 and a ~$100 cheaper desktop amp then the hornet would likely do you better.

I do agree that it is necessary to have a better amp to drive the HD650 otherwise the difference between mod cable and stock's is very minor, and make the investment not sensible.

Well, I would like to wait for any real test review for this cable before I pay for it; but any way, it is a very good news and my wallet always available.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 7, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #13 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yup, i understand you completely. i've read much on this forum about source being first priority, etc. and i have sorted out my upgrade path. was just "thinking" aloud about this cable, as an addition in my plans
wink.gif

Feb 7, 2008 at 5:53 PM Post #14 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by ManAtWork /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do agree that it is necessary to have a better amp to drive the HD650 otherwise the difference between mod cable and stock's is very minor, and make the investment not sensible.

Well, I would like to wait for any real test review for this cable before I pay for it; but any way, it is a very good news and my wallet always available.
smily_headphones1.gif

i have a new portable amp coming in, and a new desktop amp that i'm saving up for. after that i'll get a better source. this is where a senn recable comes in.
tongue.gif

curse you head-fi!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2008 at 7:13 PM Post #15 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will be interesting to follow. Are you planning balanced configurations also?

You bet!

Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back