ALO Rx, International +, National +??
Apr 29, 2015 at 3:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Saeglopur

Head-Fier
So I'm wanting to get myself some CIEMs and I'm working on trading out my HD800s for LCD2s. I'm curious which amp is the best choice here. The Rx is the more price friendly and "new" one so it seems like a good candidate but I'm just concerned about its ability to drive LCD 2s. The international looks like its the beast of the three while the national looks to be a little bit in between due to price range and simplicity? I've never had a portable amp before so its all new to me whether a portable amp can power IEMs and full size headphones and sound good both ways. I listen to a lot of punk rock alt rock type stuff if that is a factor too. I'm looking to buy either some IEMs or LCD2 and I'm trying to pick out an amp that will be a good all around choice, but the price for the RX seems better

thanks guys

Jun 25, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #3 of 3
There's no way the new Rx will power the LCD's. I tried the amp with them and it sounds insanely hollow and flat. No dynamics to speak of........ IEM ONLY, as advertised.

I'd check out Heafonia for reviews on the other amps. They test with a variety of IEM and full size cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back