ALO/ Red Wine Audio Desk Top Headphone Amp (Amphora) W/ PHOTOS
Apr 24, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #196 of 203
Quote:

Can you at least post the little bit that you told me in a PM, or let me post it?

Ok...

The IC that you see in the pic is not an opamp, so DO NOT ever try swapping it with an 8-pin DIP opamp of any kind, or else you can expect to fry things. This chip has a totally different pin-out / parameters and is configured differently. It is actually not even in production anymore - it is a nos part and is becoming a PITA to find now.

Best regards,

Vinnie

Apr 25, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #197 of 203
We are only making 100 of these
bigsmile_face.gif

Thanks

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Apr 26, 2009 at 6:15 AM Post #198 of 203
Whelp, just placed my order for a standard Amphora in Padauk.

Can't wait to receive mine.

It seems the Amphora is a bonafied audiophile bargain, what with the fact that it uses the RWA headphone stage, a headphone stage that has been reported to go toe to toe with some of the best amps in the business.

Hopefully such reports will prove true.

Apr 26, 2009 at 7:02 AM Post #199 of 203
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazza /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It seems the Amphora is a bonafied audiophile bargain, what with the fact that it uses the RWA headphone stage, a headphone stage that has been reported to go toe to toe with some of the best amps in the business.

Hopefully such reports will prove true.

I won't call it a bargain. But Amphora packs the renowned RWA headphone stage, a Goldpoint Stepped Attenuator, good functionality ( dual input, off-the grid design) plus beautiful art work into one fine product is definitely good value.

F. Lo

Aug 26, 2009 at 5:50 AM Post #200 of 203
I have one Birds Eye Amphora SE ready to ship if anyone is interested, no waiting. I will be carrying a few Amphoras at the store when we open so if your in town please stop but and give it a listen.

Also the Headphone listening station will be running of 6 iMods and 6 Amphoras!! all enclosed in one monolithic slab of walnut.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Aug 30, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #202 of 203
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have one Birds Eye Amphora SE ready to ship if anyone is interested, no waiting. I will be carrying a few Amphoras at the store when we open so if your in town please stop but and give it a listen.

Also the Headphone listening station will be running of 6 iMods and 6 Amphoras!! all enclosed in one monolithic slab of walnut.

Ken

Youll have to post a picture of that! Good luck with the store.

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back