Alo Interconnect for Sony Walkman
Mar 7, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #121 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The new ALO Teflon wire arrived and we are in the process of making the Sony LODs now.

Specs are;

Sony connector

ALO Teflon Silver plated copper 24awg x 4 conductor cable, flat weave Teflon clear ultra glossy jacket

Neutrik 3.5mm gold plug

I am also making a Sony to RCA cable.

I should have them up on the website next week.

Ken

Hey Ken,

Will there be a new section created for the Sony LOD, or will it be under a sub category such as Cables, or possibly IPOD Cables???

Just curious because I want to be able to quickly check if they have been added to the site. I really want to order one of these as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Shawn

Mar 14, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #122 of 145
Dear Ken,
What is the best SQ of walkman used with this cable. I plan to use it with FLAC converted from ALAC. Can I use the balanced protector from Ray Samuels with it and what would be the best headphone that will be good for this. I listen to classical and symphonic metal 80% 20% jazz and audiophile recording?
thanks,
Kiertijai

Mar 14, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #123 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by sk3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Ken,

Will there be a new section created for the Sony LOD, or will it be under a sub category such as Cables, or possibly IPOD Cables???

Just curious because I want to be able to quickly check if they have been added to the site. I really want to order one of these as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Shawn

Hey Shawn,

There will be a new icon for the Sony Walkman, I plan on releasing a Walkman to RCA cable as well but for now there is the new "Sony Walkman" icon and the new cable HERE

Thanks

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Mar 14, 2010 at 4:27 AM Post #124 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiertijai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dear Ken,
What is the best SQ of walkman used with this cable.

I am not a Walkman aficionado, perhaps someone else is better to answer I only have a S series.

Quote:

I plan to use it with FLAC converted from ALAC.

Hmm I am not so sure the Walkman supports FLAC?

Quote:

Can I use the balanced protector from Ray Samuels with it

if the RS amp has a mini input, which I think it does then yes

Quote:

and what would be the best headphone that will be good for this. I listen to classical and symphonic metal 80% 20% jazz and audiophile recording?

Sorry not to be much help, this is a personal preference. The headphones I like you might not. My personal favorites are my ALO

Modded Audio Technica W5000s
Modded Ultrasone Edition 9s
Sennheiser HD800s
JH audio JH13s with the ALO JHaudio cable
Grado RS1s

Thank you,

Ken

Quote:

thanks,
Kiertijai

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Mar 15, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #126 of 145
Hey Guys,

Just received my ALO Sony Walkman Cable. Thought I would post some pictures connected to my Pico AMP/DAC. Works and sounds great!! A full review to come after extensive A/B'ing.

IMG_0847.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

Mar 16, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #127 of 145
Quote:

Hey Guys,

Just received my ALO Sony Walkman Cable. Thought I would post some pictures connected to my Pico AMP/DAC. Works and sounds great!! A full review to come after extensive A/B'ing.

IMG_0847.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

Sweet! thanks for the photos!! what Walkman model do you have so I can keep track of all the confirmed models that "works"

Ken

Mar 16, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #129 of 145
Ken-
I can confirm it works great with the Sony X series. Photos tomorrow.

Mar 16, 2010 at 2:34 AM Post #133 of 145
Quote:

Thanks Cheemo!! I am assuming that you have a Sony Walkman....thinking about getting the ALO Line Out Adapter???

No, I don't have a Sony
redface.gif
...yet...lol, just using my nano for the time being.

Mar 16, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #134 of 145
Here's a couple shots of my rig.

DSC01428.jpg

DSC01447.jpg

DSC01450.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back