ALO Fidelity iMOD Auricap Docking Stations
Feb 15, 2008 at 7:07 PM Post #31 of 64
OK here goes stupid question:

I've got the Imod, Imod dock cables and two portable amps. that said, if I get the Auricap dock what else do I need?? Mini-mini to go from dock to amp?? Any other cabling?? Sorry, folks, just can't picture how this all fits together. Help would be appreciated.

Feb 15, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #33 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Tadashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You would need either a mini to mini cable and or a RCA to RCA cable, to connect to an amp.(To be more specific you can use a mini to mini for an amp with a mini input or a RCA to RCA for an amp with a RCA input)

Just what I wanted to know. Thanks much

Feb 15, 2008 at 11:00 PM Post #34 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Tadashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You would need either a mini to mini cable and or a RCA to RCA cable, to connect to an amp.(To be more specific you can use a mini to mini for an amp with a mini input or a RCA to RCA for an amp with a RCA input)

What Tadashi said.

Thanks!

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Feb 16, 2008 at 12:59 AM Post #35 of 64
So, here's mine. The caps have barely been "cooked" for 18 hours right now...

Will post better pictures later
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 6, 2008 at 10:10 PM Post #40 of 64
Quality of sound from the iMod lowest to highest is the standard Black Gate cable enabled Dock, the wood Auricap Dock, and then the Wood VCap Dock. This latest Vcap doc with the highest Vcap I am not sure if this one used the same Vcaps as the one I was loaned or not. There was a slight increase in transparency and detail with the Vcap over the Auricap dock but not significant enough to me for the price. There is a significant increase in quality over the Black Gate Docking cable to the Auricap dock in my opinion. My cable is the Super Cotton Dock.

Of course the sound out of the standard Fidelity dock for a standard iPod I could not tell you if the better wiring makes a difference since I have not heard this combination to compare.

But I have had all three of the iMod docks to compare. This is the one that I have, the Auricap dock:

Auricap01.jpg

Mar 7, 2008 at 6:27 AM Post #41 of 64
[size=large]Holy crap my docks are on the front page of Stereophile![/size]

Stereophile: Home Page

Quick before its gone check it out!!!
Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Mar 7, 2008 at 8:45 AM Post #44 of 64
Would i notice a difference in my standard ipod? Or is it not designed for standard ipods?

Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quality of sound from the iMod lowest to highest is the standard Black Gate cable enabled Dock, the wood Auricap Dock, and then the Wood VCap Dock. This latest Vcap doc with the highest Vcap I am not sure if this one used the same Vcaps as the one I was loaned or not. There was a slight increase in transparency and detail with the Vcap over the Auricap dock but not significant enough to me for the price. There is a significant increase in quality over the Black Gate Docking cable to the Auricap dock in my opinion. My cable is the Super Cotton Dock.

Of course the sound out of the standard Fidelity dock for a standard iPod I could not tell you if the better wiring makes a difference since I have not heard this combination to compare.

But I have had all three of the iMod docks to compare. This is the one that I have, the Auricap dock:

Auricap01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back