ALO Fidelity iMOD Auricap Docking Stations
Dec 7, 2007 at 3:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64
ALO Fidelity Docks now for the iMod!

Using the stellar Auricap capacitors instead of the smaller Black Gate caps these ALO iMod docks are wonderful sounding. These are geared for unobstructed sonic quality, form, beauty, and ultimate function. We start by using our Au/Ag 24K gold coated solid silver audio wire. Install the Auricap directly to the pins of the ipod connector and then directly to the RCA outs. The Fidelity docks sport a mini audio out and a RCA audio out, and come with a linear power supply* for charging while listening.

imod-fidelity-dock.jpg

dock-power.jpg

You can play your iPod all day and all night and never have to turn it off to charge it. The beautiful assorted wood blocks start as a solid brick of wood and are sculpted with a precision computer numeric controlled (CNC) machine. Then they are finished with a hard enamel coat. As always we aim for the absolute finest audio signal possible, the signal goes straight from the line out dock to the RCA and Mini out right off the iPod connector pins using the wires on the Auricaps. These docks sound just as good as they look. This ALO Fidelity iMod dock is intended for use with a iMod but will still work fine with other non modified ipods. We include a support shim for the 80gig 6G ipods. No more poor sounding boring plastic docks that look like something that should be in a hospital, pick up a ALO Fidelity iPod Dock while I can keep them in stock.

*charger included is for a US 110V outlet. These docks will charge from any country but require a power supply that will work in your country. Any power supply that is 5v and has a DC jack 2.1mm inner pin and 5.5mm outer will work on these from any country. Please email me for availability of various countries power supplies.

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Dec 7, 2007 at 4:37 AM Post #2 of 64
one word - awesome.
Just add remote control functionality - you get a perfect source/dap dock.

Dec 14, 2007 at 1:07 AM Post #5 of 64
Ken,
I appreciate your tireless efforts to deliver new, ever more appealing products.
Do you have plans to develop a portable version comparable to the portable V-cap dock?
A smaller aluminum housing may be possible with the smaller caps.
Thanks!

Dec 14, 2007 at 4:16 AM Post #7 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by V-Duh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ken,
I appreciate your tireless efforts to deliver new, ever more appealing products.
Do you have plans to develop a portable version comparable to the portable V-cap dock?
A smaller aluminum housing may be possible with the smaller caps.
Thanks!

Thanks V-duh

Sure you mean a smaller version of a Vcap dock? Yeah I can do this.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dec 15, 2007 at 6:37 PM Post #8 of 64
How does this sound vs. the Vcap?

Dec 18, 2007 at 2:38 PM Post #10 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin 3:16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does this sound vs. the Vcap?

.................................................. ..................................?
confused.gif

Dec 18, 2007 at 3:27 PM Post #11 of 64
Quote:

.................................................. ..................................?
confused.gif

I don't want to be the one who makes the review on this. I an not very adept at writing what I hear with great articulation or have much time sadly to do so. However there is no surprise or confusion here, the Vcap version is going to of sound better, of course the Vcaps also retail for almost $120 a pair also. The Auricaps are noticeably warmer, tighter, bigger sounding than the Black Gate caps used in the cables. For the cost the Auricaps are the way to go.

Ken

Dec 19, 2007 at 4:56 PM Post #12 of 64
Cost isn't an issue. Sound is...choice now obvious, thanks.

Dec 20, 2007 at 2:06 AM Post #13 of 64
Quote:

Cost isn't an issue. Sound is...choice now obvious, thanks.

Austin, do send me a email if you buy a Vcap Dock or Auricap dock and I will gladly send you both. You can use them for a while and report back to all about what you think. When your satisfied just send back which ever one you want.

Thanks for the posts.
Ken

Dec 20, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #14 of 64
Wow....this is quite cool! Despite having the portable Vcap...I'd love to have this for home use so that I don't have to charge my iMod.

Saving cash as we speak!
smily_headphones1.gif

RIDE

Dec 20, 2007 at 6:12 AM Post #15 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Austin, do send me a email if you buy a Vcap Dock or Auricap dock and I will gladly send you both. You can use them for a while and report back to all about what you think. When your satisfied just send back which ever one you want.

Thanks for the posts.
Ken

Thanks. Now time will drag 'till I get my mad money....
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back