ALO Cv5 Portable Tube Amp
Sep 11, 2016 at 12:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16
Dear Head-fi,

Building upon 5 generations of critically acclaimed portable amplifiers of the "Continental" series, we are proud to introduce the all new Continental Version 5.

Ideal for sensitive IEMs and full size headphones, the new Cv5 features a 6111 vacuum tube with a user replaceable 8-pin socket that is interchangeable with the larger CDM amp. Hi/low gain switch allows for finer adjustment to gain and better versatility usage with the wide variety of IEMs and headphones. The small sized amp produces low heat with low microphonics making the Cv5 a true portable champion. The new Cv5 has the same footprint as the Rx amp, remarkably small measuring at just 2.28 inches x 3.64 inches. 

**NEW** Leather case included!

$799, PR-ORDER DISCOUNT -$100 happening now $699 while supplies last, Please order 

HERE Cv5 Pre-order. Shipping on or before Oct 1st.

Specifications:

Frequency response: 10Hz - 300kHz +/- 0.1dB  (very impressive)
Input impedance: 110k (low gain) / 10k (high gain)
Output impedance: < 0.5 ohm
Gain (low): -10dB
Gain (high): +10dB
Output power (into 32 ohms): 325mW per channel, RMS

Features:

- Premium low ESR audio-grade power supply capacitors
- USB charger input (same as Rx)
- High / Low gain switch (great for IEMs and full-size headphones)
- One 6111 dual triode tube, user changeable (tube rolling)
- 16V power supply (+/- 8V)
- 20 second mute circuit for tube warm up (blue LED ON during warm up)
- Low output noise and microphonics
- 8-9 hour play time
- Low voltage warning (blinking red LED)
- Charging LED (Red = charging, Green = charged, Orange = ON)

Thank you

Ken @ ALO

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Sep 14, 2016 at 1:08 AM Post #6 of 16
Nice, does it play DSD and is the USB connection galvanized like in the mojo to help keep jitter down from mobile devices?

Yes can play DSD files.

Thank you

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Sep 16, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #7 of 16

Mar 19, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #8 of 16
@KB 2 questions. 1. V5 only available in silver right now? 2. Does it come with a soft case or is it an option? Can’t tell either way on the web.

Mar 19, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #9 of 16
@KB 2 questions. 1. V5 only available in silver right now? 2. Does it come with a soft case or is it an option? Can’t tell either way on the web.

Hi,

Yes does come with a leather case, sorry yes we do have a few more black ones. I will turn that on in a sec. FYI we are very low on CV5s and I dont know when or if we will make more.

Thank you,

Ken

Mar 19, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #10 of 16
Hi,

Yes does come with a leather case, sorry yes we do have a few more black ones. I will turn that on in a sec. FYI we are very low on CV5s and I dont know when or if we will make more.

Thank you,

Ken[/QUOTE
Hi,

Thank you,

Ken

@KB CV6 in the works or just focusing on iem, hp, cables? I guess same question for CDM. Thanks for the quick response on the first post! Love my Cascade, Atlas, SXC 8 for both!

Mar 19, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #11 of 16
@KB CV6 in the works or just focusing on iem, hp, cables? I guess same question for CDM. Thanks for the quick response on the first post! Love my Cascade, Atlas, SXC 8 for both!

There is no CV6 in the works, sorry also no CDM2 in the works.

Glad you dig the Cascade, Atlas and SXC8. I just picked up a Cayin N8 player and man balanced out of that to the Cascade is just a amazing paring.

Cheers

Ken

Mar 19, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #12 of 16
@KB. One last very subjective Q. CV5 with Chord Mojo and Cascade... a benefit or just extra gear. Yes a subjective Q.

Mar 20, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #13 of 16
@KB. One last very subjective Q. CV5 with Chord Mojo and Cascade... a benefit or just extra gear. Yes a subjective Q.
@KB you went stealth on me. I know there may be some perceived bias on my Q. As you want to sell product but i do want your thoughts. If not the CV5 with Mojo and Cascade I am still sure you will see my $ at some point with some creation of yours! Just want to see if it makes sense as a travel rig. Paul.

Mar 20, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #14 of 16
@KB you went stealth on me. I know there may be some perceived bias on my Q. As you want to sell product but i do want your thoughts. If not the CV5 with Mojo and Cascade I am still sure you will see my $ at some point with some creation of yours! Just want to see if it makes sense as a travel rig. Paul.

Hey Paul,

I dont have a Mojo and the one I tried was so long ago and it was not with a Cascade, sorry I cant report on that.

Very impressed with the sound of the Cayin N8 balanced out to the Cascade, stellar match.

Cheers

Ken

Nov 8, 2019 at 11:41 PM Post #15 of 16
@KB. Any of the other tubes kicking around other then the 400 Raytheon and original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back