ALO Continental PortableTube Amp
Jul 20, 2011 at 8:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 94

arrowmark

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Ken, Congratulations on your new  portable Amp! ! !    I am using it with an i pod classic and The Solo driving a Beyerdynamic 600 ohm DT-880 Dragon Series V1 with a cryoed Moon Audio Silver Dragon Cable. This headphone is usually very hard to drive.   Not with the Continental ! ! ! It is Perfect ! ! ! Thank you, Mark

Jul 21, 2011 at 12:14 AM Post #5 of 94

[size=medium]
Mark,

Thanks for the post. Agreed. We were pretty happy with how it drives larger headphones, it does an exceptional job. Indeed the Continental really makes 250 - 600 ohm headphones shine. My LCD2s are really humming with the Continental and with the Solo, thats just a sick combo.

The amp is just starting to reach customers so we are really looking forward to all the feedback from people. 

Ken
[/size]

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jul 21, 2011 at 10:22 AM Post #9 of 94
Mine will be here today. I will be posting a video soon. Look for
It on my blog. www.travisontech.com

Jul 21, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #12 of 94

Quote:
Ken,

Will the gain be too high for use with IEMs?

Dear Woodcans,

Yes the amps a little much for sensitive IEMs. Thats not saying you can not use them with IEMs but when I use them with the amp the volume gets loud very fast with little turning on the volume knob. The amp is best suited for harder to drive full size headphones.

Thanks

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jul 21, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #13 of 94
Just saw this on twitter and had to bite, I'm in the process of selling off all my audio gear in preparation for an international move and this fits perfectly with my desire to put together a portable system.

Of course I'd already ordered a solo/Rx mk2 combo but I just couldn't resist the idea of a tube portable. I was also considering the Audeze LCD2 headphones but was concerned about the compatibility with the MK2. Thanks for taking away my excuse not to buy the Audeze's.

Jul 21, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #14 of 94
Jul 21, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #15 of 94
Ken,

Thanks. I'm tempted to order a pair of LCD2's just so I can try out the amp!

WC

Dear Woodcans,

Yes the amps a little much for sensitive IEMs. Thats not saying you can not use them with IEMs but when I use them with the amp the volume gets loud very fast with little turning on the volume knob. The amp is best suited for harder to drive full size headphones.

Thanks

Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back