ALO & AKG
Jul 21, 2007 at 6:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

agile_one

忍者
Ken, congrats on becoming an authorized AKG dealer. ALO gets bigger and better almost every day. I continue to be thrilled with my K701s that you recabled with Jena wire, and at least one other Head-Fi'er has gotten a pair from you as a result of hearing how good mine sounded.

You're probably thinking I must want something from you after that buttering up, eh?
very_evil_smiley.gif

You're correct - I need replacement pads for the K701s, and AKG has been totally unresponsive to my efforts to order a pair. Can you get AKG parts, specifically K701 replacement pads?

Decided to post in the forum rather than send email since I suspect others have the same needs for AKG replacements.

Jul 21, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #2 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ken, congrats on becoming an authorized AKG dealer. ALO gets bigger and better almost every day. I continue to be thrilled with my K701s that you recabled with Jena wire, and at least one other Head-Fi'er has gotten a pair from you as a result of hearing how good mine sounded.

You're probably thinking I must want something from you after that buttering up, eh?
very_evil_smiley.gif

You're correct - I need replacement pads for the K701s, and AKG has been totally unresponsive to my efforts to order a pair. Can you get AKG parts, specifically K701 replacement pads?

Decided to post in the forum rather than send email since I suspect others have the same needs for AKG replacements.

Hey Agile One,

I am so happy that they 701 mod is working out for you and thanks for participating and posting in this forum.

I certainly will give my AKG Rep a call and inquire about the parts you need and order a few pairs. I need to place another order for 701's anyhow. Let me check on this and get back to you.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jul 23, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB
I certainly will give my AKG Rep a call and inquire about the parts you need and order a few pairs. I need to place another order for 701's anyhow. Let me check on this and get back to you.

You 'da man, Ken. Thanks!

Jul 23, 2007 at 8:57 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

You 'da man, Ken. Thanks!

Good news my AKG rep told me he is on it and will get the pads. AKG is in the process of moving thier shop so I doubt it will be right away but I will get em.

Thanks

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jul 23, 2007 at 10:10 PM Post #5 of 11
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you very much, Ken, and thanks to your good AKG rep as well.

I'm sure there are a few others who will want 701 pads as well. I'll wait for a post here to know when you have them. No rush - a few weeks, months, whatever it takes, just glad to know we can get them.

Jul 31, 2007 at 8:26 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you very much, Ken, and thanks to your good AKG rep as well.

I'm sure there are a few others who will want 701 pads as well. I'll wait for a post here to know when you have them. No rush - a few weeks, months, whatever it takes, just glad to know we can get them.

aglie one

I got the pads in today and put them up on the page. Thanks for the idea to carry them. AKG was much quicker than I thought they would be!

Ken

Jul 31, 2007 at 3:01 PM Post #8 of 11
I placed the pads in the

"Headphones / Headphone Mods" section and lost the image of the pads. I will up load the image of the pads later tonight.

But you can order them from there.

Thx

Ken

Aug 1, 2007 at 3:54 PM Post #10 of 11
I'm that other Head-Fi'er, and I really love this rewired K701. Now I'm just waiting for my Yamamoto HA-02 amp. Thanks, Gene, for introducing me to Ken's wonderful K701 mod.

Quote:

very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back