All Time Fave Song. (only one!)
Apr 14, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #31 of 48
Daft Punk - Digital Love (Discovery Album)

Favorite track of all time. Followed closely by JunkieXL - Beauty Never Fades.

Apr 17, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #32 of 48
  Nirvana-heart shaped box

Muse - Knights of Cydonia

Really love these 2 songs, but my favorite still hasn't been named yet.

My favorite song of all time is.. *drum rolls*

Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd.
I love the intro, how slow it starts out..
Then the drums kick in, which makes the song really "start"
When the guitar riff comes in, the song is nearly complete..
But then come the lyrics, which makes me tear up every time.
Everyone has a different look on the lyrics, for some people they don't make sense, for some people they talk about love, or death.
For me it speaks about a darker period in my life, I didn't really feel like going on anymore, I wanted everything to stop. I had the feeling everybody just left me to rot in this cold hard world, parents didn't understand me, bullied at school, stuff I know more people had in their life. When I heard this song I just completely lost it, when the lyrics came in. "If I'd leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me?" That was the question I wanted to ask this world. But then my girlfriend popped into my head, she would remember me. After it all I know more people would remember me, but at that moment it didn't feel like that.
The rest of the song I saw as some sort of 'after-death'.
I had the feeling I had to let life go, that I needed to "carry on now, here's so many places I have to see". I "couldn't stay here with you girl, things couldn't be the same".
After I would be done, I would be as free as a bird, and that bird you cannot change.
It was a sweet love, yeah it was. I didn't want to be so depressed, but the feeling I couldn't change.
Lord knows I'm to blame, I'd choose for it myself, so I cannot blame anyone else..

Then the fast part comes in, and that's some kind of relief for all the feelings.
When the song was done, I had a good thought about it, and I gave myself some more time.
This song somehow saved my life, I was ready to do it and this song made me rethink my choice.

Sorry for the long post, I just had the urge to explain why its my favorite, and why it means so much for me.

Apr 17, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #33 of 48
Raimbow: Gates of Babylon

The Daisley/Powell rhythm section, the R.J. Dio vocal line in the arabic scale and my favorite Ritchie Blackmore guitar solo.

The solo is splitted in two, a typical improvvisation and a beautiful and absolutely thrilling final.

Apr 24, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #34 of 48
  Raimbow: Gates of Babylon

The Daisley/Powell rhythm section, the R.J. Dio vocal line in the arabic scale and my favorite Ritchie Blackmore guitar solo.

The solo is splitted in two, a typical improvvisation and a beautiful and absolutely thrilling final.

This also is my all time favourite one song! I really love the powerful voice of RJD, and Blackmore is my guitar hero!
I would really liked it that "Knights of Cydonia" of Muse was mastered much better than that, I just love that song
and it's a really shame that was mastered so bad, how sad :frowning2:

Apr 25, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #35 of 48
This thread was a slow starter but theres been some great stuff posted. An "all time fave song" is always going to be about personal reasons and memories. But we all have one - one song that is better than all others to us! For whatever reason.

Cheers for the contribution so far
beerchug.gif

Apr 27, 2014 at 6:42 AM Post #36 of 48
I hate this question. I had to think for almost half an hour to narrow it down, and the only reason why I picked this song is because the vocals and the emotion in those vocals still gives me goosebumps to this day.

May 18, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #39 of 48
Thanks for this, I didn't realize I liked IM - the guitar work on this track is surprisingly good...

Drew

Quote:
  This one is easy for me as well. This song has held the #1 ranking for about 7 years.

Infected Mushroom - Heavyweight

May 19, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #42 of 48
All time fav song?... Ummm not an easy question ! I think I'll say Daft Punk's Da Funk.
http://youtu.be/n1ZqN_VFhdo
I'm not sure it's my favorite track from them, I really like Make Love too. It may not be very original, but this song had so much influence on me that I can't just ignore it :)

May 22, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #43 of 48
Brad Paisley - She's Everything

Especially live.  He is amazing on the guitar and does a lot of solo guitar work that is different every time you see him perform it.

Jun 1, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #44 of 48
I've got four that are all in the very top tier for me but since we're picking one I'll go with Stay Hungry from Talking Heads off of More Songs about buildings and Food since they are my favorite band all-time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back