All things Metrum Acoustics
Apr 28, 2019 at 3:51 AM Post #271 of 1,450
Unbelievable! I'm going to buy a dac this fall and I was considering the Jade - well, I'm not so much inclined to try it anymore... Sorry for this, surely there must be a way to force them to respect the law?
I have an idea. Why don't we, simply as members of this audiophile community, email Metrum in great number (well, I think 10 people might be enough) to express our concern and ask them to give a public explanation here in this thread? What do you all think? Who's in?

Apr 28, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #273 of 1,450
Unbelievable! I'm going to buy a dac this fall and I was considering the Jade - well, I'm not so much inclined to try it anymore... Sorry for this, surely there must be a way to force them to respect the law?
I have an idea. Why don't we, simply as members of this audiophile community, email Metrum in great number (well, I think 10 people might be enough) to express our concern and ask them to give a public explanation here in this thread? What do you all think? Who's in?

You need to stop being such a drama Queen and calm yourself down. Metrum have always had excellent customer service; Anjo has gone above and beyond for me on a number of occasions. If you are really going to miss the opportunity to audition one of the best DACs ever made because of one post on a forum then you are being foolish.

Metrum are human, and humans can and do make mistakes. The measure of a company is always how those mistakes are resolved. I am sure the posters issue will be resolved; but posts like yours are incredibly unhelpful and unnecessary.

Apr 28, 2019 at 7:01 PM Post #274 of 1,450
You need to stop being such a drama Queen and calm yourself down. Metrum have always had excellent customer service; Anjo has gone above and beyond for me on a number of occasions. If you are really going to miss the opportunity to audition one of the best DACs ever made because of one post on a forum then you are being foolish.

Metrum are human, and humans can and do make mistakes. The measure of a company is always how those mistakes are resolved. I am sure the posters issue will be resolved; but posts like yours are incredibly unhelpful and unnecessary.

Insofar as the customer service goes when making the purchase, there is no doubt that Metrum Acoustics (or Anjo himself) has been excellent. So if anyone is firm on purchasing from them, I think you are still safe.

The measure of a company is their behavior when their interests are being threatened (e.g product return). I have a hard time reconciling the great disparity in their customer service before and after the sales, and I find it hard to accept that they would go silent on the refund of my item after having received it.

Metrum Acoustics has received and signed for the item on 23 Mar 19, and has confirmed via email on 26 Mar 19. I have been chasing for an update since then. The last time they have replied to me was on 4 Apr 19.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #275 of 1,450
Had Octave and Hex and I am full of praise for the local agent but your experience is truly disappointing and almost unbelievable. Hope you will get your money back soon...and an apology.

Apr 29, 2019 at 5:05 AM Post #276 of 1,450

I was offering my help and coming up with a possible solution. I fail to see how is this "incredibly unhelpful" (talking about drama!). And I'm not judging Anjo or anybody else, but I stand by my assertion that this is unbelievable as well as law breaking. Of course it's not a life and death thing, but it's definitely not right either. I'm talking about not answering the emails and not giving the man his money back, not the customs thing which I have no idea if it's normal or not. I've been through such a prolonged silence (not with Metrum, of course) twice and to call it uncomfortable would be a great understatement, at least to me.

I would like to hear from Metrum about this especially because I want to believe it's just an innocent mistake (or that @uelover is not telling the whole story), so asking for their view on this story should only be helpful for their image, shouldn't it?

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #278 of 1,450
I will be eternally grateful to anyone who could get Metrum Acoustics reply my email and to refund the money back!
Do a charge back if you used a credit card or if paypal, start a dispute. I guarantee you they will respond.

Apr 30, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #279 of 1,450
Do a charge back if you used a credit card or if paypal, start a dispute. I guarantee you they will respond.

Good point. I have just launched a PayPal dispute against them.

To those who have doubts, I have attached my email correspondence with them here, and you can judge for yourself:

image1.jpeg image2.jpeg image3.jpeg image4.jpeg image5.jpeg image6.jpeg

May 3, 2019 at 5:26 AM Post #280 of 1,450
Your experience is discouraging, since I was considering getting an Onyx.
Now I'm wondering what to get instead... maybe a Spring or Audio-GD DAC.

May 3, 2019 at 5:58 AM Post #281 of 1,450
Your experience is discouraging, since I was considering getting an Onyx.
Now I'm wondering what to get instead... maybe a Spring or Audio-GD DAC.
Don't let others bad experience spoil your choice. I personally know people who have sold their spring for onyx/jade.
Since you are in europe it would be easy for you to home audition.
Hear yourself and decide accordingly.

May 3, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #282 of 1,450
I recently bought Metrum Jade directly from Metrum and had slightly similar experience than uelover. I ended returning it also during the 30-day trial period. I loved the sound but in the end it didn't match well with my new active speakers and I needed something with room correction. Everything went smooth as butter until I wanted to return the item.

In my case, I returned the Jade by shipping it through our local post office. It arrived to Netherlands in 4-5 days and they actually did pick up my return shipment from post office since I didn't pay for delivery to the door. Communication was good, especially with Maria, but after they got the return shipment it took way too long to get the money back on my account. I think I waited 3-4 weeks before they refunded my credit card. I had made the payment with PayPal and at one point got worried since I also had short communication blackout with Maria, who had previously answered to me in the same day always. Eventually she answered me and said she had a short vacation. Though I wonder how no one else replied during the vacation. At this point I got slightly worried and launched dispute but after that I quickly got answer from PayPal that Metrum had refunded me and there's no need for dispute. So eventually got my money back and everything's ok now.

May 3, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #283 of 1,450
I recently bought Metrum Jade directly from Metrum and had slightly similar experience than uelover. I ended returning it also during the 30-day trial period. I loved the sound but in the end it didn't match well with my new active speakers and I needed something with room correction. Everything went smooth as butter until I wanted to return the item.

In my case, I returned the Jade by shipping it through our local post office. It arrived to Netherlands in 4-5 days and they actually did pick up my return shipment from post office since I didn't pay for delivery to the door. Communication was good, especially with Maria, but after they got the return shipment it took way too long to get the money back on my account. I think I waited 3-4 weeks before they refunded my credit card. I had made the payment with PayPal and at one point got worried since I also had short communication blackout with Maria, who had previously answered to me in the same day always. Eventually she answered me and said she had a short vacation. Though I wonder how no one else replied during the vacation. At this point I got slightly worried and launched dispute but after that I quickly got answer from PayPal that Metrum had refunded me and there's no need for dispute. So eventually got my money back and everything's ok now.

Around when was it that this took place?

I am sending them one last email...

image1.jpeg first tracking.jpgtracking.jpg

May 3, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #284 of 1,450
It was about 1,5 months ago. I hope you get your case sorted out. Maria was very helpful always. Only time she didn’t answer was her short vacation.

May 3, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #285 of 1,450
Well, I've got a Pavanne being shipped from Metrum...slightly concerned though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back