All things Electronic.
Jan 30, 2010 at 7:58 AM Post #46 of 61
I haven't heard of more than 67% of those Top 100 Albums. I think I'll need to buy more electronica CDs. My wallet hates you now.
tongue.gif

Jan 30, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #48 of 61
i really enjoy this today: CLP - Ain't Nobody Cooler (MixHell Remix)
MixHell is really getting interesting..

Jan 30, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #49 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I'll need to buy more electronica CDs.

I never thought that would be a problem for you.
tongue_smile.gif
If Movements by Booka Shade, was one you haven't heard, then I would check them out. There is a lot of Orbital in their analog sound.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublo7
Could anyone here recommend me some good electronic lo-fi music?

Bibio - Ambivalence Avenue
The Books - Lemon of Pink
Dan Deacon - Spiderman of the Rings
Dan Friel - Ghost Town
Goldfrapp - Felt Mountain

Are all well regarded albums.

Feb 8, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #51 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have any EDM fans checked out RA's decade lists yet?

RA Poll: Top 100 albums of the '00s

RA Poll: Top 50 mixes of the '00s

RA Poll: Top 100 tracks of the '00s

Typical RA fare, and I must say they nailed top album, which myself chose or the 00 album thread.

Thoughts?

nice, I hadn't see those lists yet

they nail the no. 1s for sure, especially Immer is just beyond any other mix or comp I've ever heard

could have used more Koze though!

has anyone heard this Wighnomy Brothers CD Metawuffmischfelge? how is it?
RA Reviews: Wighnomy Brothers - Metawuffmischfelge (Album)

ranked pretty highly. they always have strong tracks on Total comps and saw one of them, Robag, last weekend and he played good stuff.

Feb 9, 2010 at 3:30 AM Post #52 of 61
^ Can't say I have. Have you heard anything lately worth recommending biologica?

One exciting recent album I heard was Silence by Monolake. It's a found sound work, in other words all the samples were recorded from assorted environments then assembled into music In the press release, Henke described his desire to make a dynamic sounding album that was a counterpoint to the smooshed sound that permeates modern releases. I've been spending time with the album and must say it's masterful, exciting listen. Only those not adverse to a certain avant-garde mentality should try it however. It's cold and fearless.

Artist's site with 00:58 samples:

Monolake Silence

Feb 9, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #53 of 61
not been listening to much new electronic stuff though finally got around to checking out JME's BBK mixtape series, Wiley's series Tunnel Vision and Umbrella vol.1
maybe will half halfheartedly revive grime thread I made.........

not new but a lot of spins on :
Total 7
DJ Koze- Reincarnations

and the new-ish Isolee single Nightingale/October is very good

very excited for the new Massive Attack, really into the single Paradise Circus

only Monoloke release I've heard is Hong Kong which rules. which check Silence too.

Feb 10, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #54 of 61
Have you ever heard Little Dragon? They kind of have a poor man's The Knife circa Deep Cuts thing going on. I bet you would like Machine Dreams, Silence by Monolake not so much.

BTW, is Yelle ever going to come out with a new album?

Feb 10, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #55 of 61
cool, thanks for recommendation on Little Dragon will check it out.

good call on Yelle, no idea what she has been up to. hopefully some more singles at the least will surface, and will definitely watch the next project(s) her producers are involved in.
this remix of her's is sick by the way
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

is the new Pantha Du Prince good? I only heard the single Stick to My Side and thought it was terrible.
I love This Bliss. how about putting it this way: should I next listen to Black Noise or Diamond Daze?

Feb 10, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #56 of 61
That is pretty good, right to the workout playlist for that.

I've only listened to Black Noise once, so it's hard for me to say about Pantha at the moment. As would be expected, Daze is a bit raw in spots, with less ot the bells and chimes stuff he has really fallen for. I liked it almost as much as Bliss but have to say most people I've chatted with, think it doesn't come close.

Mar 11, 2010 at 5:22 AM Post #57 of 61
what is the deal with Noze?
I think I will go see them play next week
really like the song Encore they have up on the myspace
Nôze on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

reminds me a lot of the recent Isolee single October/Nightingale, which rules of course

does Noze have a good album out? or at least solid singles/remixes/live sets to listen to?

thanks

Mar 11, 2010 at 11:23 AM Post #58 of 61
Touch Records and Christian Fennesz. Just about the best ambient artist you'll ever find.

Mar 11, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #59 of 61
Would highly recommend that anyone who likes electronica check out "BT" (aka Brian Transeau).

I first heard Brian's debut album IMA in 1994 and was instantly hooked, there is something very unique about his sound, very individual and never afraid to set new standards.

His latest album "These hopeful machines" was released just over a month ago and is stunningly good, BT is one artist where I am happy to seek out every piece of material I can lay my hands on knowing it is all of the same standard, 6 studio albums all with their own unique style but instanty recognisable as the "BT" sound.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BT_(musician)

Two other artists I would recommend are Chicane and Hybrid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back