All NEW WhipMOD and WhipLOD; the next audiophile iPod 5.5 generation Modification!!
Aug 8, 2010 at 12:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 259

SACD-Man

Formerly With Whiplash Audio
When the biggest selling portable digital player, meets the incredible sounding Wolfson DAC, SCSCag UPOCC silver wire, and a better way to "bypass" the low quality components in the standard iPod, then you have the new:

WhipMOD and the Elite Reference WhipLOD

Some quick highlights:
*All NEW 5.5 generation iPod with the Wolfson DAC
*A new technique on bypassing the very cheap parts of an iPod and wire directly to the line out dock.
*Internal wire used is the SCSCag UPOCC pure silver cryo'd solid core wire. For more details please see CryoParts website http://www.cryo-parts.com/scscag.html
*WhipMOD is performed by Innovative Audio Design.
*We use new parts accept for the logic board which are tested. So these are refurbished factory "A" with a 1 year limited warranty. 
*The 5th gen iPods do not have enough room to place the capacitors into the unit especially since we use the "slim" version. SO Whiplash Audio has come up with 2 new LODs called:

There are 2 new models:
*Elite TWag WhipLOD with BLACK GATE CAPS
*Elite TWag Reference WhipLOD with BLACK GATE CAPS
*Custom cables can be made. For an example, iPod to RCAs, iPod to XLRs, etc. Custom cables also contain Black Gate caps.

The Elite TWag Elite Reference WhipLOD is one of the and possibly the best sounding LOD made. No corners cut. Many hours to construct. This cable combines extra dampening throughout and extra shielding that cost so much more than any cable out there. This cable is very thick and is not flexible based on all of the factors mentioned above. This cable and the TWag WhipMOD can used on any iPod/iPhone/iTouch/Nano and the new WhipMOD. In addition, the new Reference has memory wire built in to allow you to custom mold your position. Custom lengths will be accepted.

Prices:

WhipMOD
80 GB $460
120 GB $500
240 GB $625

WhipLOD
Elite TWag with black gates $180
Elite TWag Reference with black gates $390

Combination Pricing.
When you purchase both  the WhipMOD and the WhipLOD, you will receive $50 off your entire order!!!

WhipMOD upgrade service.
$200
You send in your current 4th or 5th generation iPod and we perform the upgrade. Turn around time is about 2-3 weeks.
Please send the ipod to:
Whiplash Audio
401 Penbrooke Dr
Bldg #2 Suite D
Penfield, NY 14526

We will begin selling the WhipMOD starting August 16th. The WhipLOD can be purchased now. Please check back for further ordering details. You can also email me at csanborn@whiplashaudio or custserv@whiplashaudio.com

SPECIAL!!!
The first 5 customers that order both the WhipMOD and the WhipLOD will receive 50% off the the WhipLOD!!!!!!

Thanks!!
Craig

Aug 8, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #2 of 259
HI Craig,
i have a new old stock 5th generation ipod video possibly 4 years old never
used, Dose this qualify for the WHIPMOD ? .
How dose this mod compare to the IMOD by Red Wine Audio / ALO ?
this 5th generation pod is a 30 Giga byte ,would i be one of the first 5 to order ?
with this mod i would loose warranty  , would whiplash audio fix problems that may occur
after the whip mod is performed. what would the total price of the whipmod and *Elite TWag Reference WhipLOD with BLACK GATE CAPS cost.
thanks,
ALL EARS

Aug 9, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #7 of 259
I'm confused. You use the "slim" version but can fit a 240gb HDD in them?
Also by "New" do you mean refurbished?

Also what makes this different to a RWA iMod?

Aug 9, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #9 of 259

Quote:
Also what kind of condition will the iPod be we buy from you? Are they brand new?

Edit**

you wrote all new but just making sure...

I'll let Crag address the question, but when I bought my RWA 240GB Super iMod (thick version), I had to spend another $20 just to get the backplate, faceplate and clickwheel replaced because they weren't "new."  It's difficult to find "new" old stock these days, but spare parts are readily available from a lot of sites.

So, my point is that what's inside that counts.

Aug 9, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #10 of 259

I'll let Crag address the question, but when I bought my RWA 240GB Super iMod (thick version), I had to spend another $20 just to get the backplate, faceplate and clickwheel replaced because they weren't "new."  It's difficult to find "new" old stock these days, but spare parts are readily available from a lot of sites.

So, my point is that what's inside that counts.

That makes a lot of sence

Users who are viewing this thread

Back