All new Black Cotton TWcu IEM Cable
Jun 2, 2011 at 3:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

SACD-Man

Formerly With Whiplash Audio
The newly redesigned Black Cotton TWcu IEM cable!!

I have spent lots of time make this cable. The issue is that the cable is not as flexible as TWag v2. So I was worried about how this would wrap around your ears. After some changes, I think I have found the solution!!

Its out of prototype mode and into production. 

The sound is unreal. For copper lovers, it has all of the characteristics that you will love. For everyone else, you will be sooo surprised at how rich the details are. The highs sing and the lows are authoritative. MIds have a sense of separation that will also surprise you...

Photos:

In this example above, its only a demonstration. The memory wire wraps around the ear perfectly. Its bent during production allowing the memory wire not to stick high above the ear. I accomplish this by running the 2 wires in parallel. This allows the wires and memory wire to have a tighter fit around the ear. 

The above is an example of how the memory wire will wrap nicely around your ears.

The wire used is 24.5awg TWcu Cotton. UP-OCC!!!

Standard length is 48". Custom lengths can be made. Only certain connectors will work since the cotton has a large size than TWag v2

This product is available now and will be on my website momentarily. 

Price for a 48" with Viablue connector is $229

For order details, please contact Craig at csanborn@whiplashaudio.com

Jun 2, 2011 at 4:10 AM Post #2 of 13
Since cotton absorbs moisture pretty well, I suppose it will become smelly if I sweat quite a lot.

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:23 AM Post #3 of 13

Quote:
Since cotton absorbs moisture pretty well, I suppose it will become smelly if I sweat quite a lot.

The key is not to sweat since the sound is sooo worth it. Hahaha

I have been using mine for a few weeks and there is nothing to complain about. However I cant say that I'm sweat any more than average...

Craig

Jun 10, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #4 of 13
Just a Beautiful cable. I'll get one as soon as I can. Nice job.
Question: Whats the color od your custom? Red Eye Red?

Rodrigo Pita

Jun 11, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #5 of 13
well, i recieved my twcu black cotton cable around a week ago,and have around 50 hours on this cable!
ok the sound
-lush,sweet,air,and lots of it! this cable gives the largest most airy soundstage i have ever heard out of my jh-13.
the detail and transparency,are excellent,just a notch below my twag v1,but still really really good.
just excellent craig,and top notch build quality.
i think this cable should be re-named to twcu cotton "soundstage edition"

Jun 27, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #6 of 13

Quote:
well, i recieved my twcu black cotton cable around a week ago,and have around 50 hours on this cable!
ok the sound
-lush,sweet,air,and lots of it! this cable gives the largest most airy soundstage i have ever heard out of my jh-13.
the detail and transparency,are excellent,just a notch below my twag v1,but still really really good.
just excellent craig,and top notch build quality.
i think this cable should be re-named to twcu cotton "soundstage edition"

wow, looks like that cable i'm looking for.  too bad here in Hong Kong it's hot and hunid so i sweat.

Jul 14, 2011 at 9:23 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:
wow, looks like that cable i'm looking for.  too bad here in Hong Kong it's hot and hunid so i sweat.

Just saw this. You can always order the TWcu cable without the cotton. The cotton is just an extra layer on the outside, if I am correct; i.e. the original TWcu dialectic still covers the copper inside.

Shanghai is too humid for cotton too.  :-D

Jul 19, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #8 of 13
I have had a customer in Singapore use his cable and he says its fine. The Cotton TWcu is certainly worth checking out. 

A truly unappreciated cable. 

Craig

Jul 19, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #11 of 13

Quote:
It is beautful.

Thanks!!

I also have cotton color in natural or beige and purple. The purple and black mixed together is exotic. 

My TWcu 26 OM cable will be here on Friday. That is sweat proof!! Oh man, great copper sound with the detail of silver. Not as detailed as TWag v2 Eclipse, but VERY VERY close. It has the rich warmth!! I'm just about to announce it.....

I want a cool name for it. Any ideas? 

Craig

Jul 19, 2011 at 1:33 AM Post #12 of 13

Quote:
Thanks!!

I also have cotton color in natural or beige and purple. The purple and black mixed together is exotic. 

My TWcu 26 OM cable will be here on Friday. That is sweat proof!! Oh man, great copper sound with the detail of silver. Not as detailed as TWag v2 Eclipse, but VERY VERY close. It has the rich warmth!! I'm just about to announce it.....

I want a cool name for it. Any ideas? 

Craig

Hi Craig,

Do you know how much is gonna be the TWcu 26 OM cable? And when we will see some pictures? =)

Thank You

Users who are viewing this thread

Back