All in ear canal Phones?
post-770175
Post #1 of 3

mchurgin

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
As you might know from other posts I have had to sell every canalphone I have owned. (er6,er4p,e3c,e5).

The only ones I have kept are the E2's which are the only ones that I could actually feel comfortable with the fit and seal for more than 10 minutes. My question is WHY?

With the ety's I could never get a good seal with triflange tips. Had to insert them till they come out the other side. With Shures I need the largest clear tips on all models. I did notice that each shure model goes in at different angles.

I'm ok keeping the E2's because the canalphones are not my favorites, and I think the E2's have a less fatiguiging and more balanced sound for strictly mp3 use than the er6,er4p, and the e3c. I loved the sound of the E5's but could not get them to work.

With all of these canalphone problems why then are the E2's actually comfortable for me?

post-770205
Post #2 of 3

DJGeorgeT

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
humm, I use the small flex sleeves and I too think their are the most comfortable canalphones I have tried. It sounds to me that your ear canals are huge if you are using the large clear tips. In that case you probably need the large foamies (from etymotic) to use with the e3, er4, or e5. Then, you will get good seal and be pretty comfy.

post-770238
Post #3 of 3

joelk

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hmm. I think that you're a candidate for custom molds. Mine, for the Ety 4x, are made by Sensaphonic from a flexible material and are extremely comfortable. Sound quality is superb!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)