All IE8 and SE530 owners needed!
Sep 6, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #46 of 50
No, these threads do not help narrow choices at all!
And yes they are meaningless,after all even narrowing down the choices doesn't help by reading these threads, if that's the case then why did i end up with some really rubbish iem's when i first started posting here!
Sorry guys but i'm with iponderous on this.
What he says is the truth and the real fact of the matter is that everyone has different taste and just like games,games consoles etc iems seem to have a huge fanboy following compared to say full size cans,portable phones etc.
Honestly you guys really need to just follow your own ears and not other peoples.
I mean really!

Sep 6, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #47 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyerfan70 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, these threads do not help narrow choices at all!
And yes they are meaningless,after all even narrowing down the choices doesn't help by reading these threads, if that's the case then why did i end up with some really rubbish iem's when i first started posting here!

You ended up with rubbish IEMs based on recommendations in a thread like this one; therefore, all threads like this are useless? That is weak logic. If I cite one, ten, hundreds of people here that have found IEMs that they really like based off guidance they got from threads like this, are the threads still useless?

No one says there are guarantees. Your ears, of course, make the final decision. But the threads do still have value. It is not all or nothing here.

Sep 6, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #48 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjisme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You ended up with rubbish IEMs based on recommendations in a thread like this one; therefore, all threads like this are useless? That is weak logic. If I cite one, ten, hundreds of people here that have found IEMs that they really like based off guidance they got from threads like this, are the threads still useless?

No one says there are guarantees. Your ears, of course, make the final decision. But the threads do still have value. It is not all or nothing here.

Yeah good point but weak logic no.
When i first discovered here i was very willing to go along somewhat with recommendations,and i did end up out of pocket and unhappy with the sound i was getting.
Dont get me wrong there are some very cool and knowledgeable people here,but no matter how much someone tells you something is good to you it may not be.
The point iponderous was trying to make was that you should just try what YOU think,and that will stand you in good stead which i thought was so simple yet extremely valid.
Sadly headfi seems to be becoming more and more fanboy orientated these days,i don't mean you personally but in general the consensus seems to be if it doesn't cost ££££££'s then it's no good,or if you decide to buy a phone that is somewhat frowned upon then you have no taste.
For instance a few weeks ago someone wrote a thread stating how they preferred their bose phones over a very high priced iem and many thought he was crazy saying things like if you prefer a mushy sound then good for you,which was uncalled for.
If the guy thought they were great why should others mock that.
And that's the real point,at the end of the day the point of this forum should be for what it says..discussion,not having a go at someone's taste or recommending phones for others but merely having fun talking about sound,but it's pretty difficult because sound and music is a very personal thing so it leaves the forum in a difficult position.
How some have become a supreme headphone poster here by just recommending people buy this or that is beyond me.
I myself have stopped recommending phones to people because i found it was the most sensible thing to do,even now when i say something bad against a phone i own or have owned i get so many people disagreeing and laughing at my experiences that it just makes me wonder why i bother.
Sadly there are too many threads on here now asking the same thing over and over which is making this forum less enjoyable.

Sep 6, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #49 of 50
we're trying to help here for people who are standing before choices.

for what I wanna add to this thread is my opinion on IE8.
I agree with doctorjuggles's post on the IE8s nature when it comes to electronic music: wierd.
I have quite a few favorites in electronic music and I know how should they sound, and how should the soundstage look like, and with IE8s it's just not right.
that's what I experienced with my IE8s (source: sony s639, files: everyting from 192mp3s to 320s, to WAV)

Sep 6, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #50 of 50
Try before you buy is a great option for those that have it. Here in Boise, ID., I don't know of any high end earphones that are available locally. Buying and exchanging earphones on the internet increase the seller's costs, and eventually the consumer's.
Obviously, you cannot believe everything you read here, but there are enough well thought out reviews, impressions and comparisons that an intelligent consumer can have a pretty good idea what he's getting into. I mean, not a lot of Bose components have been sold based on the recommendations of h-f members.
All of the earphones that I have pretty much match the distilled opinions that I have read here. Keep 'em coming.
Sandy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back