All I see
Sep 18, 2011 at 3:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Ruckus10

Head-Fier
all I see in my community is Bose, beats, skull candy, and ibuds:frowning2: any suggestions with great headphones preferably bass to catch their interests to keep these poor people from these awful headphones probably budget is about 200-250 is highest I'm only thirteen so can't buy anything very expensive

Sep 18, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #2 of 11
I don't suggest trying to convince people that whatever you get is better than what they have. They will deny it all the way until the day you give them the superior headphones for free.

Sep 18, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #4 of 11

Quote:
I don't suggest trying to convince people that whatever you get is better than what they have. They will deny it all the way until the day you give them the superior headphones for free.

X2

Get the headphones for yourself, for the music you want to listen to. Life is too short to worry about what other people think. You will always be compromising at some level and you'll end up resenting them for the efforts you made.

Sep 18, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #6 of 11
Ruckus10,

Start with this headphone right here. Don't worry about the price, it's totally just a number, it will compare right up next to those headphones you mentioned directly. Warm, lush, bassy headphones with smooth mids & treble. Crazy bass that only slightly bleeds into the mids, but otherwise, presents a very full bodied robust direct headphone. It's a total gem. It's pretty sturdy and rugged too, and is comfortable. I bought two because they're just so unreal for the uncorrelating cost.

That said, like others mentioned, do not even try to convince someone of their headphone being poor. You can't even do that here on the forum to people who love a headphone. Let alone in real life with someone who can actually listen to other headphones to compare. All you can do is give someone an option to listen to something different and let them form their own opinion. On that note, there's nothing wrong with liking the aforementioned headphones. They're worth as much as someone is willing to pay for them. A lot of them receive a lot more flak than they really should be getting by people who have not even listened to them and compared them to other headphones from a good source. So a lot of what you see if just internet meerkat behavior. Hell, ask to borrow some of those headphones from someone and sit down with them. Form a real opinion about them based on actually analyzing them yourself.

Other headphones to check out:

Shure SRH750 DJ
Ultrasone HFI 580
BeyerDynamic DT770 PRO
Denon D1100

Very best,

Sep 18, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #7 of 11
I actually have already "started" with a 90 dollar headphone. Kind of disappointed with them they are pretty uncomfortable and aren't the best sounding. So I'm looking for a headphone that I can count for long term and headphone I can count on for amazing bass and sound. I was thinking between these headphones....
Sony xb1000 lol
Ultrasone 780/ 750
Dt770.
Denon d2000
Any of those or other quality headphones as well with bass thank for the help

Sep 18, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #8 of 11

Quote:
I actually have already "started" with a 90 dollar headphone. Kind of disappointed with them they are pretty uncomfortable and aren't the best sounding. So I'm looking for a headphone that I can count for long term and headphone I can count on for amazing bass and sound. I was thinking between these headphones....
Sony xb1000 lol
Ultrasone 780/ 750
Dt770.
Denon d2000
Any of those or other quality headphones as well with bass thank for the help

Check out this thread it will tell you nearly everything you wanted to know about Beyers but were afraid to ask...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/513393/guide-sonic-differences-between-dt770-dt990-models-more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back