All Flac Uncompressed Music Store
Apr 23, 2009 at 5:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

f00fighters

500+ Head-Fier
I stumbled on this website a several months back. It's not the huge selection of iTunes, but they have quite a bit, from actual mainstream artists. I have purchased several albums through them, and the prices are insanely cheap, but you can only buy entire albums, you cannot buy individual tracks. This is the only place on the web I could find that sells mainstream type Flac.

http://www.allflac.com/

The downside, their bandwidth is horrible, some albums will take your an hour to download.

If you guys know of any other stores that sell flac music, please post! And I know of those indie obscure labels that sell flacs of artists I've never heard of. I don't care much for those.

I want a music store similar to itunes or amazon, with an enormous selection of albums in flac. Also, I have a Mac. I don't want a store that makes you use Windows Media player the only way to play the flacs. I use a program called XLD to convert flacs to apple lossless so I can play them on my iPhone 3G.

Apr 23, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #3 of 16
Looks quite nice!
smile.gif

The prices looks almost too good to be true though, so I question the legality of the site.

And I fail to understand the "Uncompressed Music Store" part of the thread title.
Seems like the albums are either compressed with FLAC or Monkey's Audio which indeed are compressed... Hmmm

Apr 23, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And I fail to understand the "Uncompressed Music Store" part of the thread title.
Seems like the albums are either compressed with FLAC or Monkey's Audio which indeed are compressed... Hmmm

I feel like an idiot now, and I can't go back and edit the title of this thread. That was a clear contradiction, and I didn't verbalize it properly. I just meant Lossless Music.

As far as the legalities are concerned, I'm going with ignorance is bliss. It seems legitimate to me, so I'm not going to question it. I know that it works. But, among other things, does anyone know of a flac store? I wouldn't mind paying what a normal CD costs, if I could just download the damn thing right away, instead of waiting for days and days or it to come in the mail. And I don't like going to a retail store paying overprice. I just want the convenience and quality.

Apr 23, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by f00fighters /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel like an idiot now, and I can't go back and edit the title of this thread. That was a clear contradiction, and I didn't verbalize it properly. I just meant Lossless Music.

Aaahh, that makes more sense.
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 23, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Better to dl over torrents than give money to dodgy sites, you don't know where the money is going - maybe to TERRORISTS? :wink: and also could be a scam to get credit card numbers.

Exactly, comrade.

Apr 23, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #8 of 16
Don't miss out on B&Ws Society of Sound too. Quality stuff curated by Peter Gabriel. 24-bit album a month before they're shopped around to the labels.

May 2, 2009 at 11:14 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by f00fighters /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel like an idiot now, and I can't go back and edit the title of this thread.

Click on "Edit" on your first post, then click on the "Go advanced" button and edit the title.
smily_headphones1.gif

What a complete and utter idiot though, setting up an illegitimate music site in a Western country (England), using your real name and putting up what is presumably all the illegal lossless downloads he made. The record companies will see to it that his arse will not be virgin for long.

Mar 19, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #12 of 16
^ Probably just an evidence of its questionable legality.

Mar 20, 2010 at 1:07 AM Post #13 of 16
i bet the bandwidth was terrible because the servers were in russia*

*i don't know the location of the servers russia is just a guess

also nice almost 1 year necropost

Mar 20, 2010 at 2:45 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Probably just an evidence of its questionable legality.

Or, perhaps it is a sign of something more sinister.

Meanwhile, in his iCave...

Mar 20, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #15 of 16
lol, i love how this thread went from the simple subject of a sites credibility to men living in caves and terrorists. God i love head-fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back