All AirHeads and BitHeads now Total, include gain switch
Mar 18, 2006 at 1:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

TheSloth

Headphoneus Supremus
It was buried in another thread, but HeadRoom have quietly updated their AirHead and BitHead line - all models are now Total. They also now include a neatly hidden gain switch to help avoid hiss with IEM's. This was a significant issue with the mobile line, and it's good to see they have worked on it. My first headphone amplifier was a Total Bithead, and if it had had a gain switch I would probably still own it today...

Mar 18, 2006 at 2:24 AM Post #2 of 35
Nice! I figured that was going to happen any day now.

-Angler
etysmile.gif

EDIT: Removed stupid question.
biggrin.gif

Mar 18, 2006 at 5:02 AM Post #6 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSloth
Well for a few days, I saved you some money. How would you like to pay me?
tongue.gif

In various flavoured (correct spelling for Sloth), long pinned Max modules for your convertable.

Mar 18, 2006 at 5:06 AM Post #7 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
I'll be posting some of the details in a paid for thread shortly.

Great! If you don't mind my asking, does "Total" in this line imply the exact same thing it did before? The new product description is a little vague in this area. Thanks.

-Angler
etysmile.gif

Mar 18, 2006 at 5:12 AM Post #8 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmid
Does it mean now they can drive high impedance headphones like HD650/DT880?

Yeah I'd like to know that too. Is the high gain any higher than it was? It did used to clip somewhat with 580's, but interestingly not nearly as much with the 650, which I believe has an impedance very slightly below the 580 according to your charts.

Mar 18, 2006 at 5:15 AM Post #9 of 35
Quote:

Yeah I'd like to know that too. Is the high gain any higher than it was? It did used to clip somewhat with 580's, but interestingly not nearly as much with the 650, which I believe has an impedance very slightly below the 580 according to your charts.

Yeah. That is the exact reason why I returned my total bithead before. If this problem is solved, I would like to buy it again. It should make my lab rigs shine.

Mar 18, 2006 at 5:17 AM Post #10 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
In various flavoured (correct spelling for Sloth), long pinned Max modules for your convertable.

redface.gif
. But then again, you know that I'll end up buying a Desktop Power Supply to power them...
eek.gif

I tell you, life was much simpler when I owned a Total Bithead and a pair of HD-580's...

Mar 18, 2006 at 6:35 AM Post #13 of 35
I'm going to have a bit of a problem getting a big post up this weekend. Old Pa has been giving us pre release feedback on some of the prototypes, may you can talk him into chiming in here.

Mar 18, 2006 at 6:39 AM Post #14 of 35
Quote:

It was buried in another thread, but HeadRoom have quietly updated their AirHead and BitHead line - all models are now Total, and sell at the price of the original entry level models ($99 and $149). They also now include a neatly hidden gain switch to help avoid hiss with IEM's. This was a significant issue with the mobile line, and it's good to see they have worked on it. My first headphone amplifier was a Total Bithead, and if it had had a gain switch I would probably still own it today...

Thanks for the heads up. But the prices I'm seeing are $149 and $199. Are you looking at a special page?
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back