Aliexpress Cables
Aug 2, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #301 of 4,339
Still looking for an RCA coax cable especially. Doesn't seem like there are any Odin 2 in this type, maybe the ones marked Odin Pure Silver really are the same as Odin 2, or are the only available Odin of this type?
Why not just get the gold?

Aug 2, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #302 of 4,339
Still looking for an RCA coax cable especially. Doesn't seem like there are any Odin 2 in this type, maybe the ones marked Odin Pure Silver really are the same as Odin 2, or are the only available Odin of this type?
Cable application? Are you looking for a SPDIF cable with RCA termination?

Aug 2, 2022 at 7:33 PM Post #303 of 4,339
You have to understand that the descriptions are not really accurate.

Theres several different possible scenarios with these sellers on aliexpress. Should make notes of a few things.

• The smaller sellers are just middle men, placing the order with a bigger seller or manufacturer as they receive the order from the customers.
  • They may get the bulk wire and terminate the wire on their own.
  • The descriptions are not accurate and probably alot of false information like 99.9999% silver, if it really was that it would not be $13, or $50 or $70. It'd be alot more as it costs alot of money to manufacturer that high a purity silver wire.
  • Some of the bigger sellers are viborg, audiocrast, amongst others.
  • Competition is cutthroat amongst the sellers on aliexpress, you see that gold odin power cable, it was about $200 when I first found it and within 2 months it progressively dropped to $64. This doesn't always happen but when alot of sellers are selling the same product, we get stuff deals, high five.
  • Sometimes theres more than one version of the same product. Like the odin coax cable, some have the odin connectors while some have wbt gold, and some wbt silver, and some viborg.

Don't put in too much thought on the description, like I said, even though the conductors look to be solid silver its most likely not. If you go by the current market value of silver, it doesn't make sense when you factor in the cost of the manufacturing process, sheathing and middle men. I've spoken to a seller before regarding this and he accidentally said sterling silver a few times, and I corrected him. He then said, "oh yes, that is what I meant".

Aug 2, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #304 of 4,339
Look what came in the mail today.

Looks legit fake :)

I really hate that gel insulator they use. Still not a fan of the locking connectors.

I literally ordered this one month after the odin 1 coax and got that 4 days ago.

Gonna need some burn in but immediately off the bat, its more resolving, more bass, and more open than the odin 1 coax. The odin 1 coax sounded better than the audioquest carbon coax cable.
IMG_20220802_195105.jpg

IMG_20220802_193528.jpg
IMG_20220802_193537.jpg

IMG_20220802_193513.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2022 at 8:16 PM Post #305 of 4,339

I really hate that gel insulator they use. Still not a fan of the locking connectors.

Gonna need some burn in but immediately off the bat, its more resolving, more bass, and more open than the odin 1 coax. The odin 1 coax sounded better than the audioquest carbon coax cable.
IMG_20220802_195105.jpg
IMG_20220802_193528.jpgIMG_20220802_193537.jpg
IMG_20220802_193513.jpg
Yep, that is the one I have. I like the cable's performance. How much you pay for it?

I paid $47.23 shipped at the end of April for a 1.5m.

Aug 2, 2022 at 8:20 PM Post #306 of 4,339
Yep, that is the one I have. I like the cable's performance. How much you pay for it?

I paid $47.23 shipped at the end of April for a 1.5m.
It was $41.05 for 1m but I used a coupon with some other stuff I ordered so probably a couple bucks cheaper than that.

Price doesn't seem to have changed for that one.

Aug 2, 2022 at 8:41 PM Post #307 of 4,339
It was $41.05 for 1m but I used a coupon with some other stuff I ordered so probably a couple bucks cheaper than that.

Price doesn't seem to have changed for that one.
For those wondering what this cable is for, this is the 75ohm SPDIF cable. RCA to RCA termination. There is also a BNC to BNC connection version.

Aug 2, 2022 at 8:58 PM Post #308 of 4,339
All I know is I'm totally digging these cables, man... I mean, I'm dealing with burn in from multiple fronts: The dac and amp are technically still burning in too...so all I'm getting is this steady increase in sound quality...it's really cool. Listening to Sabbath album 13 on my penon Serial tri DD iem, $1,000 PWAudio cable, and my desktop and its a total experience... crystal clear at near pain levels...stunning!

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2022 at 11:02 PM Post #309 of 4,339
All I know is I'm totally digging these cables, man... I mean, I'm dealing with burn in from multiple fronts: The dac and amp are technically still burning in too...so all I'm getting is this steady increase in sound quality...it's really cool. Listening to Sabbath album 13 on my penon Serial tri DD iem, $1,000 PWAudio cable, and my desktop and its a total experience... crystal clear at near pain levels...stunning!
What cables did the clone Nordost cables replace?

Aug 2, 2022 at 11:09 PM Post #310 of 4,339
Aug 2, 2022 at 11:19 PM Post #311 of 4,339
The power cables were stock...the xlr and usb were Black Dragons
I understand the cables are breaking in. What do you hear different when comparing the Moon Audio Black Dragon cables and the Odins that replaced them?

Aug 3, 2022 at 2:47 AM Post #312 of 4,339

I literally ordered this one month after the odin 1 coax and got that 4 days ago.

So cool, I'll order the same type. Guess you meant 'legit fake' as in legit clone, rather than like 'very fake'. Yeah I need a digital RCA coax cable, so I guess that means SPDIF 75 ohm, sounds like what I had before. Mind to tell me which seller you got it from?

Aug 3, 2022 at 8:31 AM Post #315 of 4,339
So cool, I'll order the same type. Guess you meant 'legit fake' as in legit clone, rather than like 'very fake'. Yeah I need a digital RCA coax cable, so I guess that means SPDIF 75 ohm, sounds like what I had before. Mind to tell me which seller you got it from?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256803967512562.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.21ef1802lJ0rLf

I got it from this seller because he uses the silver wbt clones.

I only had the odin 1 coax cable for about 4 days before I got the odin2. The odin2 sounds alot better, don't bother with the odin1 coax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back