[CLOSED] Alexis Cole or CC Coletti -- which do you prefer?
Aug 11, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #2 of 12
This is tough because of the genre difference, both are excellent listens and both have their own sound. If we just took voice then definitely Alexis Cole but CC's Zeppelin cover album is a fun and well recorded listen!!

Vote for Cole here but only because we're comparing voices.

Aug 11, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #3 of 12
@ Chesky:

I am stunned that you would be so cold and insensitive towards your artists!

They are real humanbeings, not just commodities to earn you a quick buck, or fodder for a publicity-campaign.

How would you feel if you were an artist on the losing end of one of these 'head-to-head' votes?

Each of these people deserves recognition on their own terms, not cheap, arbitrary, head-to-head stunts, like this.

You've gone way down in my estimation.

Aug 11, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #4 of 12
  @ Chesky:

They are real humanbeings, not just commodities to earn you a quick buck, or fodder for a publicity-campaign.

How would you feel if you were an artist on the losing end of one of these 'head-to-head' votes?

Each of these people deserves recognition on their own terms, not cheap, arbitrary, head-to-head stunts, like this.

You've gone way down in my estimation.

They wouldn't be in the tree if they weren't respected. I've got no problem with this, but then again, I am an American. We tend to be like competition WOOO!.

Aug 11, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #5 of 12
  @ Chesky:

You sucked the fun out of it... and while it is a little odd that we're comparing folk rock and jazz artists, it's still a great promotion. Not to mention that coupon..
biggrin.gif

Aug 11, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #8 of 12
Why not borrow the clips from hdtracks actually..? It's already there

Borrow the clips?  
  I am not sure why use Spotify.  I don't use it so it takes away from trying to listen to the artist with the 30 seconds clips.  Why not use files from your website?

I used Google Play to determine my vote as Alexis wasn't out on Tidal.  Thanks for the coupon.  I am trying the 192/24 which I probably would not have.

Aug 12, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #9 of 12
The album shown not available outside spotify US? can't find the particular album by CC Coletti

Aug 12, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #10 of 12

Borrow the clips?  

I used Google Play to determine my vote as Alexis wasn't out on Tidal.  Thanks for the coupon.  I am trying the 192/24 which I probably would not have.

I really current decide so I picked one for the vote but supported both and purchased their 192/24 versions.  Sound really nice through the Focal Utopia that I have on loan for a Chicago Head-Fi meet tomorrow.

Aug 13, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #12 of 12
  They wouldn't be in the tree if they weren't respected. I've got no problem with this, but then again, I am an American. We tend to be like competition WOOO!.

Exactly! What is wrong with a little square off? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back