alexdemaet
Jul 10, 2008 at 2:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

alexdemaet

1000+ Head-Fier
Let's see how this goes
smily_headphones1.gif

An important Paypal note for non-European buyers and sellers - this will be solved very soon by Paypal:
"
Dear A De Maet,

Thanks for contacting PayPal. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you
with your questions.

Mr. X, PayPal accountholders in the USA and UK can have a 'confirmed'
address by PayPal (PayPal does check if they really live on the address
which they added in their PayPal account).

Unfortunately we don't have this system enrolled in Netherlands and
Belgium, so in Belgium you can never have a confirmed address. For this
reason, some sellers refuse to do business with you, because in the USA
sellers only have PayPal sellers protection if they send their items to a
'confirmed' address. Once they send their items to a unconfirmed address
(to you), the seller looses his protection.

The only thing I can advise you is to try and convince the seller that
you're willing to proof with documentation that you really live on the
address that is stated on your PayPal and eBay account. However, if this is
not sufficient for the seller, I would try to find the same item with a
seller who doesn't ask for a confirmed address of the buyer.

Later this year, PayPal and eBay does change the requirements for seller
protection, and a seller is then not required anymore to send their item to
a 'confirmed' address and so then this problem will be solved.
Unfortunately at this time we are unable to privide you a better solution.

I apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,
Klaasjan
PayPal, an eBay Company

"
This is the reason why non-UK residents and non-American residents have an UNCONFIRMED Paypal address!

Jul 10, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #2 of 29

haarvi

100+ Head-Fier
Having the requisite thin head needed to wear the Edition 9s with comfort, I was happy to buy Alexander's customized pair. Set up by the Ultrazone factory with 15 feet of balanced Blue Dragon Moon Audio cable. The transaction went smoothly. Communications were friendly ; the phones were shipped promptly and securely ;. and were exactly as described.

Aug 10, 2008 at 2:24 AM Post #3 of 29

chzplz

100+ Head-Fier
I bought a cable from Alexander, he described it perfectly, shipped it quickly and packed it very securely, and it all went extremely smoothly. He was very communicative, a pleasure to deal with, and is highly recommended. A++

Aug 28, 2008 at 8:52 PM Post #4 of 29

haarvi

100+ Head-Fier
Bought Alexander's ALO V-cap dock and associated cables. Communications were fully forthcoming about what was on offer and, as usual, completely cordial. The product was shipped promptly and securely.

Sep 5, 2008 at 12:33 PM Post #5 of 29

Chimpie

100+ Head-Fier
Alexander bought my Joseph Grado HP-2. Transaction went extremely smooth transaction. He gave me an offer I couldn't refuse, absolutely no low-balling. Fast payment

Highly recommended. Would do business with again!

Sep 6, 2008 at 9:52 AM Post #6 of 29

DoubleEs

500+ Head-Fier
Alex sold me his Apogee Mini DAC, smooth transaction and great communications throughout. One of the best seller I've had the pleasure of doing business with here at Head-Fi. A great asset to the forum
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 14, 2008 at 4:16 PM Post #7 of 29

suicidal_orange

500+ Head-Fier
I bought Alexander's modded Grado SR225's after a quick and friendly discussion over postage costs. The only possible problem was I didn't think to mention insurance, so they were sent uninsured. It was fine though as they arrived so quickly I wasn't ready for them - 3 days from Belgium to the UK! They were very well packed and exactly as he described.

My first purchase received from a Head-Fi'er but if all sellers are this good it won't be my last!

Thanks Alex
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 18, 2008 at 2:17 AM Post #8 of 29

lui_boy

100+ Head-Fier
Alexander is a wonderful person to deal with. Immediate payment and quick responses. This is another trusted Head-Fi member. Highly recommended!

Sep 25, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #9 of 29

WindowsX

Member of the Trade: Fidelizer Audio
If his post mentions about Europe priority stuff like, all non-European buyers (or maybe sellers too) shouldn't bother with his thread or you'll regret in getting rejected in the last minute like me.

I was about to buy akg k1000 #01524 with all his equinox cable stuff. I already have Equinox tail end but yet have to buy another ones just to keep in his deal to get #01524 for my extra k1000 (I already have k1000+Apuresound V3 and I want spare ones with Equinox cable) and well I think I was fair enough to follow up his deal till the end.

When we were talking about handling extra shipping cost (Since he suddenly want to send with insurance and added 40 more euro in for his security), #01524 k1000 is now pending to another European customer and ask me to take another (which is repaired model and looks worse from picture).

I've had enough with this guy. Now I learned not to toy with racist purchasement. It's not like he's a bad guy but I don't think he'd treat you nice if you aren't European
frown.gif

Sep 25, 2008 at 4:19 PM Post #10 of 29

cobra_verde

Head-Fier
I bought alexdemaet's Grado HP-2s. He took care of all the details, coordinating shipping from Moon Audio. Everything went quickly and smoothly. I would certainly buy from him again. He's a very friendly Head-Fier.

Sep 26, 2008 at 10:47 AM Post #11 of 29

alexdemaet

1000+ Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by WindowsX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was about to buy akg k1000 #01524 with all his equinox cable stuff. I already have Equinox tail end but yet have to buy another ones just to keep in his deal to get #01524 for my extra k1000 (I already have k1000+Apuresound V3 and I want spare ones with Equinox cable) and well I think I was fair enough to follow up his deal till the end.

When we were talking about handling extra shipping cost (Since he suddenly want to send with insurance and added 40 more euro in for his security), #01524 k1000 is now pending to another European customer and ask me to take another (which is repaired model and looks worse from picture).

The Fs K1000 thread describes clearly that I won't sell the Equinox K1000 in parts.

What happens if the K1000 gets damaged? I will have to refund you and the K1000 will get lost also!

I have shipped worldwide before and I am not a racist.

Sep 26, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #12 of 29

WindowsX

Member of the Trade: Fidelizer Audio
I didn't ask for separate. I asked as you said in topic when you firstly turned down my offer and you played along with me until very last breath.

Sep 30, 2008 at 1:27 PM Post #13 of 29

jantze

100+ Head-Fier
I bought Squeezebox Duet from Alexander, great transaction.
He was a pleasure to deal with, highly recommended.

Oct 10, 2008 at 8:27 AM Post #15 of 29

alexdemaet

1000+ Head-Fier
I will refund you as soon as possible. I will pay the return shipping charge also.

Users who are viewing this thread