Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Apr 30, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #2,327 of 3,117
So far I'm really liking these phones. Bright for sure, but also detailed, accurate, and much faster than my Denon D1000s. Exactly what I was looking for. If I have one complaint, it's that the build quality seems ugly as sin. Mold flashing on the plastic, the nasty y-crimp...They don't look like $100 worth of headphone. Thankfully they sound great.

Some people have said that they're like a better version of the KSC75. I can (sort of) understand that. My KSC75s are kramer-modded, recabled, and have 75 ohms of resistance installed. I can certainly hear common elements in the sound, but the Koss phones have more (and looser) bass and really lack the detailed upper-mids and highs of the Alessandros. I'm very happy indeed, and really excited to hear what the MS1000 mod will do.

Apr 30, 2009 at 7:24 AM Post #2,328 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by DesmondDavidH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Two emails and 10 days and no replies from George. Is that normal?

Yes. I've had some email contact two weeks ago (I need a new MS Pro driver), but before we could sort things, they fell back into their regular email coma.

I've almost never heared of things really going wrong, but you got to be patient when dealing with Alessandro. I see them not as a "real" enterprise but rather as sort of family driven hobby project.

Apr 30, 2009 at 1:19 PM Post #2,329 of 3,117
hey guys, are those Alessandro's Headphones good also for pc gaming? anybody from italy ordered them? how much are the custom fees to europe? however, it's a high risk to order them from america(won't be funny to ship them back for rma)

Apr 30, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #2,330 of 3,117
I've had my MS1's since 2004 but still don't really know what to tell people when they ask me what the difference is between them and regular Grados? I do know that these are differently tuned Grado 125's as I emailed Alessandro years ago asking but that is all they would really say. What is the difference in sound explained? I've never had any 125's to compare these to. Could someone here post a pic of their MS1i's as I'd really like to see if they look any different then my MS1's. Thanx.

Apr 30, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #2,331 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by hunter186 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I have one complaint, it's that the build quality seems ugly as sin. Mold flashing on the plastic, the nasty y-crimp...They don't look like $100 worth of headphone. Thankfully they sound great.

I personally enjoy the black plastic to the metal finish of the MS2.... And on top of that, the MS2 were infinitely less comfortable on my ears. And the Y-crimp is one re-cable job away from being a non-issue.
wink_face.gif

Apr 30, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #2,332 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by emann /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had my MS1's since 2004 but still don't really know what to tell people when they ask me what the difference is between them and regular Grados? I do know that these are differently tuned Grado 125's as I emailed Alessandro years ago asking but that is all they would really say. What is the difference in sound explained? I've never had any 125's to compare these to. Could someone here post a pic of their MS1i's as I'd really like to see if they look any different then my MS1's. Thanx.

Alessandros are tuned to be a bit more neutral. Less Grado "excitement" in the sound.

May 1, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #2,334 of 3,117
I sold my SR80 several days ago, hoping to upgrade to the SR225. Well, finances have changed and the SR225 is too much of a stretch for a while. After reading a good bit of this thread and the Alessandro vs Grado, thread, I bought the MS1 this morning. Should be here next week -- I'm in Grado withdrawl until they get here. I was listening to some gritty guitar songs this morning on my PK3 -- decent, but did not have any of the great Grado rock guitar bite and sting!

May 1, 2009 at 12:43 PM Post #2,335 of 3,117
I've just posted a FS ad (not here) cuz of upgradetis. :p
I hope I won't regret it.

May 5, 2009 at 8:02 AM Post #2,337 of 3,117
Dear all,

The bowl pads I've recent bought for my MS-1 produces a rather loose fit, it does hold but it's quite loose.

Am I missing something out, or should I be adding something so it stays better?
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks alot.

May 7, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #2,339 of 3,117
My MS1's have arrived, and I think it is the new 'i' version, because the cup housing is deeper than my SR80 was. Also, the comfy pads are thicker than I thought they would be, and the fit on/over my ear very comfortably, and the bass response is much better than I thought it would be. I may not be in such a hurry to order some bowls.

Have any of you MS1i owners switched to bowls, and can you confirm that the bowls increase/improve the bass response?

May 7, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #2,340 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmhaynes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My MS1's have arrived, and I think it is the new 'i' version, because the cup housing is deeper than my SR80 was. Also, the comfy pads are thicker than I thought they would be, and the fit on/over my ear very comfortably, and the bass response is much better than I thought it would be. I may not be in such a hurry to order some bowls.

Have any of you MS1i owners switched to bowls, and can you confirm that the bowls increase/improve the bass response?

Hi to all!! This is my first message
beyersmile.png

When did the send the Ms1 to you? How many days has it taken?

Thanks and good luck with that MS1, I have bought ones two days ago
wink.gif

EDIT: well, just two post up you say it... you bought it on first of May. But you are in EEUU, i think they will take more time to arrive to Europe...

Sorry for My English
triportsad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back