Alessandro Music Series MS PRO FAN CLUB!
Nov 21, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #62 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by bowraboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Pros are the MS-1 on steroids. They just do everything the MS-1 does but much better, more detail, soundstage, separation, dynamics...

What about accuracy in tone/body of the electric guitar? I found that the RS2i was beaten handledly by the Ms1 in that department.

Nov 21, 2009 at 10:26 AM Post #63 of 220
The MS Pro is close to perfection in that respect IMO. Never heared anything with such a natural balance between string and body in respect of guitars or a piano.

My wife is a violin player and agrees, the MS Pro displays real violins, every other HP we tried (that were quite some) just displayed recordings of a violin.

Nov 26, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #64 of 220
The thing I like buying from TTVJ is I can return a phone if I don't like it but he doesn't carry these, does Allesandro have this policy? If not how is the resale?

Nov 26, 2009 at 11:53 AM Post #65 of 220
Proper resale shouldn't be a major issue IMO.

Dec 24, 2009 at 11:49 AM Post #67 of 220
Pooh, you do need time to decide obviously. Guess we get informed about the comparison results in april or so...
tongue.gif

Dec 26, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #70 of 220
True. Felt like crying when comparing them out-of-the-box with my old MS1.

Jan 22, 2010 at 10:22 AM Post #71 of 220
Its been a month, I can safely say that you guys were dead on right. These phones do the guitar like no other, very glad I sent the RS2's back and bought these. I really like them with flats. They are my favorite phones now, been selling off the others. Trying to build the perfect tube amp for them which is a challenge with the low impedance, right now I'm using a juiced up SOHAII which does a wonderful job.

Jan 22, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #73 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by regal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Trying to build the perfect tube amp for them which is a challenge with the low impedance.

Really? Compared my Millet to quiete several big balls amps in the course of time, and couldn't hear noticeable differences. The Millet is a hybrid though...

Jan 22, 2010 at 2:26 PM Post #74 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? Compared my Millet to quiete several big balls amps in the course of time, and couldn't hear noticeable differences. The Millet is a hybrid though...

Yea the Millet IS a great choice, but I want a high end hybrid with high voltage tubes. I'm close.

Jan 22, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #75 of 220
I cant even remember if I commented in this thread before, but I echo some of the sentiments of others, MS-pros, resolve guitar like nothing else.

The tonality is amazing, my brother who is a professional guitarist agrees, they are dead on the money.

They also have an amazing energy about them, not quite the exaggerated excitement of the ms-2 or a couple of the grado's I heard, but they are lively, and bring alot to rock tracks.

I don't find bass to be incredibly deep, but its definately there, and has some good kick to it.

Ive tried them with jumbo pads, but I have to say, other than the discomfort factore, the bowls have a much better sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back