Alessandro Music Series MS PRO FAN CLUB!
Nov 20, 2011 at 10:03 AM Post #121 of 220

Quote:
Congrats, the pico works fine with the mspro, but I think it suits grados better.

Thanks Zuqi :)  I think I will go with the Schiit First and stick with my CMoy until I can set aside more coin for a portable amp

Feb 7, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #122 of 220
Well, after having my Schiit Asgard now for 3 months, can I just say....Wow! 
I went and invested in an iPod Classic 6.5, Sieben Audio Dock and some high quality shielded RCA cabling to accompany it and my listening experience has been one to savor.  The Asgard really bought out the depth & warmth in my music. I'm now considering the Schiit Bifrost DAC to pair with the Amp... Are there any other recommendations for DAC's out there? Are they worth the investment? 

Portable listening is still with the CMoy but I'm thinking of going with a Pico or iBasso soon. 

Feb 8, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #123 of 220
Good to hear that Buckles. I've never tried desktop rigs with the mspro so I won't make a comment on that part.

I wouldn't recommend the pico for the mspro as it has made a perfect pairing with my RS1i & SR325is, but when it paired with the mspro, the result is not as good.

Quote:
Well, after having my Schiit Asgard now for 3 months, can I just say....Wow! 
I went and invested in an iPod Classic 6.5, Sieben Audio Dock and some high quality shielded RCA cabling to accompany it and my listening experience has been one to savor.  The Asgard really bought out the depth & warmth in my music. I'm now considering the Schiit Bifrost DAC to pair with the Amp... Are there any other recommendations for DAC's out there? Are they worth the investment? 

Portable listening is still with the CMoy but I'm thinking of going with a Pico or iBasso soon. 

Feb 19, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #124 of 220
Hello all, proud new owner of ms pro's here. Only had them for a few weeks so, still along way to go down the burn in road! They are running through my Audiolab Mdac and sound pretty great to my ears, however i do hope to give them a listen through a dedicated head amp at some stage, if nothing else than for comparison to see how good the Mdac amp is.

kr steven.

p.s if nickchen is out there i would really like to talk about the possibility of getting some distancers?

Mar 6, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #126 of 220

Quote:
Hello all, proud new owner of ms pro's here. Only had them for a few weeks so, still along way to go down the burn in road! They are running through my Audiolab Mdac and sound pretty great to my ears, however i do hope to give them a listen through a dedicated head amp at some stage, if nothing else than for comparison to see how good the Mdac amp is.

kr steven.

p.s if nickchen is out there i would really like to talk about the possibility of getting some distancers?

Welcome to the club! I've had mine for about 5 months now. Loving them...they're an honest set of cans- pick up every thing. I've for mine running through a Schiit Asgard which is specifically designed for low impedance headphones. Would recommend testing them out. 

Mar 6, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #127 of 220

Quote:
i have some questions about the Mpro.

Is there difference of the sound between new version and old version(with darker wood)?

I've heard the older models have a warmer bassyier delivery. That's just regurgitating what I've heard though- no first hand exp. 

Jun 16, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #128 of 220
My mspro should arrive by next week! Can't wait!

Jan 4, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #130 of 220
Define cheap :wink:

Jan 4, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #132 of 220
I heard MS2i SQ is not too different from MS-Pro except it is a bit more bright and larger bass while the pro is smoother and tighter bass? Is this correct?

Jan 6, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #135 of 220

Users who are viewing this thread

Back