Alessandro MS1 Question
Jun 25, 2008 at 6:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

fishscene

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I am new to the forum and the whole audiophile scene. I just purchased a pair of MS1 after reading up on some of the reviews. I was so focused on the emphasis placed on the sound quality that I sort of forgot that they were open air headphones. And what I was looking to buy were the noise reduction type for my ipod to wear in public without having the person next to me intrude on what I was listening to. I sort of looked around on these forum for a solution and I found a thread that suggested placing the cans into an ear muff protector. Found here: Grado SR-80 repair fix - Armed Assault Info Forums
The question I had was would it drastically affect the sound quality of the headphone if I chose this option. It is, after all, intended to be used in an open setting. Has anyone tried doing something similar and what were the results?

Jun 25, 2008 at 8:16 AM Post #2 of 5
You'll be better off spending some money for a cheap pair of IEM and use the MS-1 at home. MS-1 doesn't sound good in closed form.

Jun 25, 2008 at 11:38 AM Post #4 of 5
When I cover the backs of my MS1 it sounds horrible so I'm very skeptical about this. Check the date of that article to see if it was posted on April 1st.

Jun 25, 2008 at 12:08 PM Post #5 of 5
Just try to put your hands on the back of them when listening music. The sound will be dramatic imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back