Alessandro MS1 Headphones
Aug 6, 2013 at 1:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Rattle

500+ Head-Fier
Aug 6, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #2 of 13
Well, you're not saving too much on this eBay auction in comparison to just buying them straight from Alessandro so I think it would be safer to just buy straight from the source. You can buy the case seperately if you want one.

The 'i' is simply a newer version of the Alessandro MS1. There are some improvements but they are not huge. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

The MS1 is based on the SR125 and is therefore definitely better than the SR80, as long as you can deal with their sound, which is more neutral than the typical Grado. You will not get as much of the trademark Grado brightness and clarity, although the sound character is not exactly completely different - just a little bit more tame and neutral.

Aug 6, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #3 of 13
Well all I listen to is metal and classic rock and progressive type rock metal from all decades.

I have JVC harx700s
Samson sr850s
Dt770 pro 80ohm
Ath 700s
Koss kc75s

Was thinking maybe so grado 80s and a FiiO E6 from amazon for like $125 shipped or the ms1 but they don't sell them at amazon.

Aug 6, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #4 of 13
You are on the right track with either the SR80i or the MS1

Aug 7, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #6 of 13
Honestly I wouldn't bother with the E6 on the Grados. I just don't think they jive well together, in some cases they sound better straight out of my iphone. You are better off getting a cMoyBB tuned for low impedance headphones.

Aug 7, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #7 of 13
They are easily driven...the E5 gave it a warmer feeling with the nice bass boost...

Great headphone for metal....if the people sitting next to you like metal also...lol

Aug 7, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #8 of 13
Aug 7, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #9 of 13
Will you let us know how you like the SR80s?

I've recently got back on Head-fi after my SRH440s broke and ordered the Superlux HD668b which are the same as your Samsons, I believe. I also have the older MS-1 and the HD668b (SR850) has the same kind of clarity but with better soundstage. I haven't listened to the Alessandros in a while because of comfort but the HD668b seems to offer almost the same sound for a lot less money and with better usability.

Aug 7, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #10 of 13
I will for sure .. Arriving tomorrow will put them through their paces.
Will be using a ASUS xonar essence stx in my PC and have tons of flax.

I did not order an E6 I will start researching cmoys, I figure my source is good for 600ohms so probably no need.

Aug 7, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #11 of 13
Your soundcard will work wonderfully with your SR80i.

I have the same soundcard.....your Grado SR80i are going to sing to you....enjoy.

Aug 31, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alessandro-MS1-Headphones-new-version-portable-with-case-Ebay-Exclusive-/271241726248

Is this ebay listing legit? What is the difference between those and these besides the obvious.
http://www.alessandro-products.com/main.php?p=headphones

Also where are the models with the "i" in them and what's the diff? Anyplace else to buy these?

Been really itching to pull the trigger on some grado 80's or these ms1's

Quote:
Well, you're not saving too much on this eBay auction in comparison to just buying them straight from Alessandro so I think it would be safer to just buy straight from the source. You can buy the case seperately if you want one.

The 'i' is simply a newer version of the Alessandro MS1. There are some improvements but they are not huge. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

The MS1 is based on the SR125 and is therefore definitely better than the SR80, as long as you can deal with their sound, which is more neutral than the typical Grado. You will not get as much of the trademark Grado brightness and clarity, although the sound character is not exactly completely different - just a little bit more tame and neutral.

If you read though the listing, they indicated it is the new model from 2009.  They also indicate it is the $109.00 model.  This is the MS1i that they are talking about.  

Also, these headphones on Ebay appear to be sold by Alessandro.  Their address in the auction is the same as where Alessandro is located.  Additionally, if you look at their other items that they have for sale, you'll see a lot of music gear.  Alessandro isn't as much of an audio / headphone dealer as they are a musical equipment dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back