Alessandro MS-1, MS-2 Questions on usability
Feb 23, 2009 at 1:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

member1982

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi owners of either those 2 headphones.

how much sound do they leak in, ive tried an open headphone (porta pros) and that one doesnt leak much sound in when i turn the music up :p and i cant hear the phone ring!!! darn. Even on moderate volume i have doubts i can hear the phone ring...

Are these BIG? compared to say the Porta Pros.
They are not portable are they?
1 Sound question. Are these have significantly more impact than the PortaPro? (which are awesome with drums already very inpactful)

Thanks.

still cant decide due to those factors, just wanna know better than buying it and figure it doesnt do what i want :p

Feb 24, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #2 of 11
They totally leak, at the point you should pay attention at the volume in the night if you don't wanna wake up the neighbors (no, this is not a joke). How much of the external world you can hear is probably just related to the volume.

Are the two hphones big? It depends, the MS2 has quite a large profile, but the diameter is smaller than the average quality full hphone.
MS1 has a low profile though.

For portability I wouldn't choose the MS2.

Feb 24, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #3 of 11
MS1 leak a lot. And they are not very portable. Cable is way too long and they seem so fragile I wouldn't take them outside. Sound is superb though.

Feb 24, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #4 of 11
I actually wore some MS2i as my portable for the better part of a year.

The main problems are (as others have listed) leakage of sound in and out, and they're just too heavy on the head. They could fall off easily.

I disagree that they're fragile though... my SR60 have survived some pretty awful things and the MS2i was quite rugged when push came to shove.

Feb 24, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #5 of 11
MS-1, MS-2 would just be used at home/office, i got my TF10 for that purpose for truely portable. I was expecting the MS-2 to be around on-ear size? But definately bigger than the Porta Pro which i thought was big, until i saw them in real life :p haha tiny buggers.

MS-2 probably just sticks out alot :p less so than the MS-Pro i think.. i saw a video of SR325i someguy was reviewing them and yeah they are big, but i think i might get the MS-2... for my Open Headphone.

Feb 24, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by member1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MS-1, MS-2 would just be used at home/office, i got my TF10 for that purpose for truely portable. I was expecting the MS-2 to be around on-ear size? But definately bigger than the Porta Pro which i thought was big, until i saw them in real life :p haha tiny buggers.

MS-2 probably just sticks out alot :p less so than the MS-Pro i think.. i saw a video of SR325i someguy was reviewing them and yeah they are big, but i think i might get the MS-2... for my Open Headphone.

The MS2i is definitely a better version of the 325i. Very lean but very balanced and incredibly clean. I'd put it on par with the HF-1... they offer similar quality but are total yin and yang.

Feb 24, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #7 of 11
I can hear my phone with them on, but I keep it on the table next to me generally. The issue here is not how much they leak in (if I turn them off, I hear everything loud and clear), but how loud you listen to them.

Can't compare impact to Porta Pros on my MS1, and I am using HD414 pads (used stock for 20 seconds and hated it).
The impact is the best of all headphones I've used besides Omega 2 and Edition 9. Drums are one of my favorite things with it too xD

Feb 24, 2009 at 8:19 AM Post #8 of 11
If you can't hear your phone ringing with Porta Pro's, I guess you're listening at a far too high volume that could damage you ears in the long run. Unless your phone is hidden somewhere far in the opposite room of your flat.
wink_face.gif

They already told you about portability.

I have MS2i's and to me they are far better than Porta Pro's, even, or I should say especially concerning bass and punch: deeper and clearer, not that muddy as I think Porta Pro's are (my opinion; but as you can guess I did not like Porta Pros, I sold them short after I had bought them).

Don't know about MS1.

cheers
daniele

Feb 24, 2009 at 11:11 PM Post #9 of 11
I tried another Open Clipon the Sony Q38, and again mid volume, i couldnt hear the phone which is about 4m across me in the office :p, With Porta Pros mid volume i can hear the drums bashing very impressed with it, voices are bit inflated but nicely done.

Feb 27, 2009 at 1:54 PM Post #11 of 11
I just got my MS-2 ! woot. It is even more musical than my Ultrasone Pro 750 and TF 10 :p... The bass / impact is an issue for me on my iPod Classic (even had to use the EQ), the issue is bass notes on lower volume, i hear nothing or very low volume. Basically i have to turn the volume up to actually get some satisfying impacts (which is still less than my other 2) etc... And once i do, far out really nice but still "EXTREMLY LEAN" Compared to my others. However the sound signature is awesome everything is soo fast and aggressive, presents awesome details. Vocal especially are superb... im Glad to have this 3rd different headphone, still wont replace my Ultrasone on my computer thou :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back