Alessandro MS-1 developed a "vibration" sound
Jun 22, 2005 at 10:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

ditto_n

Head-Fier
The left driver of my MS-1's have developed a rattling sound in them, I tried emailing Alessandro about it, but they never replied, and actually it had been a long while sence I emailed them, it's just been annoying me greatly lately. Is there any fix short of buying new headphones?

Jun 22, 2005 at 10:24 PM Post #4 of 13
I would wait to open them up. Try caling Alessandro to see if they can help you get the replaced. Even if it is a hair. Thats what happend to my old SR125 and I called Grado and got a new driver.

Jun 22, 2005 at 10:35 PM Post #6 of 13
Heh, blowing did nothing, called up alessandro and whoever picked up told me to send them in to grado and write a little note, they should deal with it.

Jun 22, 2005 at 10:39 PM Post #7 of 13
Ok, make sure that you include your reciept and stuff. They should just replace the driver. The only thing now is that you have to pay for shipping and wait for your cans to get back. It took about 10 days for me to get mine back.

Jun 23, 2005 at 5:17 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Yep, a 5lb sledgehammer oughta shift that pesky hair.

The Russian way ALWAYS works!

Yeah I sometimes get that little buzzing sound in my sr225s and it's always because of some extraneous hair in the pad make sure u have a very good look..... or just use a sledgehammer

Jun 23, 2005 at 12:26 PM Post #13 of 13
Take off pad, and search extremely closely for any hairs sticking out of the front or back grill, use as much light as you need.

Plug them in without the pads on, put it near your ear, play the offending music, and see if it still rattles. If it does, either open them or send them into grado.

If not, check the pads for hairs, pull them all out, put the pads back on, and rattle should be gone.

Rob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back