ALERT! ALERT! Major impulse buy
Mar 13, 2006 at 1:06 AM Post #77 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
Please pick up a pair of ATH-W1000s and ATH-AD2000s for me please.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sure, np.
tongue.gif

I guess I better get out and go do some shopping then.

I can't find any AKG's here at all, what AT should I get for under 500 bucks?

Mar 13, 2006 at 10:10 AM Post #78 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by markot86
Trust me, I do ^^

I see, sorry
tongue.gif

Mar 13, 2006 at 10:19 AM Post #79 of 84
Whoohoo!

I went out and got some ATH-W1000's today. They sound good but I don't have an amp/dac to hook up to my computer yet. I guess now I just need to find a good match for these.
biggrin.gif

They sound awesome hooked up to my Sony DVP-NS500V SACD player though. I couldn't imagine much better even with a seperate DAC even though I'm sure it would sound slightly better.

Blowing cash=fun.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2006 at 8:48 PM Post #80 of 84
Ah, that's a great idea to use self-powered reference-quality monitors for your HT system! Quote:

Originally Posted by vvrinne
I said I own 7 Genelecs, not seven pairs!
smily_headphones1.gif
Not that I wouldn't want to own 7 pairs. I am actually only using 5 in my HT with 3xHT206 for the front and 2x205 for the rears and the other two are 1029s (same as the 205 but the 'pro' model) for casual listening in the living room. My HT is on hiatus currently pending a move next June but I might try 7.1 for a while just to see what that's like.

Mar 13, 2006 at 9:01 PM Post #81 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by markot86
I don't know what came over me but something made me CRAVE the HD650 and... I bought it >.<

Hopefully I won't be dissapointed =D

welcome to team sennheiser, if any can deserved to be an impulse buy, it is the 650's. Hopefully your impulse buy is reconsidered to be an good investment once you get a hold of them
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2006 at 9:41 PM Post #82 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
welcome to team sennheiser, if any can deserved to be an impulse buy, it is the 650's. Hopefully your impulse buy is reconsidered to be an good investment once you get a hold of them
biggrin.gif

They came in and I absolutely love them. I have never been this impressed with a pair of headphones (although the DT880's came close).

Mar 14, 2006 at 3:43 AM Post #83 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrea
Not meaning to offend, but this post sounds quite insidious
wink.gif

What do you mean by "insidious?" I was just telling the truth. I don't like the Sennheiser sound anymore. People's tastes change... maybe even you will change and pick a different headphone someday.
wink.gif

Mar 16, 2006 at 10:23 AM Post #84 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
What do you mean by "insidious?" I was just telling the truth. I don't like the Sennheiser sound anymore. People's tastes change... maybe even you will change and pick a different headphone someday.
wink.gif

Agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back