ALERT! ALERT! Major impulse buy
Mar 12, 2006 at 12:18 AM Post #46 of 84
I just impulsed myself into a new HeadAmp GS-1.
frown.gif

Mar 12, 2006 at 12:39 AM Post #48 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
I just impulsed myself into a new HeadAmp GS-1.
frown.gif

I thought your money spent since joining Headfi number looked different. Congrats, I am really enjoying my new to me Headamp Dynamic SE-V2.

Mar 12, 2006 at 12:43 AM Post #49 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner
I thought your money spent since joining Headfi number looked different. Congrats, I am really enjoying my new to me Headamp Dynamic SE-V2.

Thanks. Yeah it went up quite a bit. Now I need a home source. Hope not to spend over $500 for that though. Kind of happy and kind of sad. I have been down this road with full rigs and it wasn't pretty.

Mar 12, 2006 at 12:46 AM Post #50 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvrinne
Go team poorhouse
frown.gif

Sorry but I had to fix your quote. Forgive me please.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 12, 2006 at 1:57 AM Post #52 of 84
I bought my hd650 on impulse, as well as my k240s, and to tell you the truth I like them both better than my "decision" buy, the ms-1. go team impulse!

Mar 12, 2006 at 3:07 AM Post #53 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by markot86
Team Impulse, I like it! I am officially a member =D

Count me in. This team plays dirty (with your wallet)
biggrin.gif

Mar 12, 2006 at 3:28 AM Post #54 of 84
Quote:

Count me in. This team plays dirty (with your wallet)
biggrin.gif

Seems like you spent quite a bit since you bought the AE-1 from me...Likewise with myself...The upgrade path is a dark one, indeed.

Mar 12, 2006 at 5:23 AM Post #55 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7
Seems like you spent quite a bit since you bought the AE-1 from me...Likewise with myself...The upgrade path is a dark one, indeed.

Yeah I kind of blame you too. First SACDLover for pimping the GS-1 so much. Meh, life is short. The gear will be used a lot too.

Mar 12, 2006 at 5:53 AM Post #56 of 84
Quote:

Yeah I kind of blame you too. First SACDLover for pimping the GS-1 so much. Meh, life is short. The gear will be used a lot too.

Don't worry, you're not the only one who impulse bought a GS-1

Guess who got added to that list today!

Man, this GS-1 better make beans and cheap meat taste good, cuz that's all I'm gonna be eating =D

Mar 12, 2006 at 5:58 AM Post #57 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by markot86
Don't worry, you're not the only one who impulse bought a GS-1

Guess who got added to that list today!

Man, this GS-1 better make beans and cheap meat taste good, cuz that's all I'm gonna be eating =D

You kidding me? welcome to the club I guess.

In a fit of rage I shredded my older credit cards just to be safe. (seriously)

markot86, what color did you go with? and edit your sig.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 12, 2006 at 6:00 AM Post #58 of 84
Quote:

Do yourself a favor...stop keeping track of how much you are spending. The ignorance isn't exactly what I'd call "bliss", but it helps a little only having a general idea. It'll be worth it, once I find my "sonic nirvana". I feel like I'm close, but if only "new and improved" gear would stop coming out, I might be safe from exhausting my savings.

Mar 12, 2006 at 6:02 AM Post #59 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7
Do yourself a favor...stop keeping track of how much you are spending. The ignorance isn't exactly what I'd call "bliss", but it helps a little. It'll be worth it, once I find my "sonic nirvana". I feel like I'm close, but if only "new and improved" gear would stop coming out, I might be safe from exhausting my savings.

I was kidding about blaming you. This addiction is a trickle of what I did with speakers and home theater.
biggrin.gif

Mar 12, 2006 at 6:09 AM Post #60 of 84
I got a sudden craving to buy DT880s late last year... I was just reading about them, looking at pics etc. and suddenly I had to have them. Like a bolt of lightning hit me... I was literally ready to sell my body if that had been necessary
tongue.gif
. Ended up waiting about a week before ordering (needed to find the money), but my intuition was oh so correct in the end.

Guess it was sort of an impulse purchase, but based on a powerful intuition that I would love them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back