ALERT! ALERT! Major impulse buy
Mar 12, 2006 at 6:18 AM Post #61 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
You kidding me? welcome to the club I guess.

In a fit of rage I shredded my older credit cards just to be safe. (seriously)

markot86, what color did you go with? and edit your sig.
smily_headphones1.gif

Black of course! I've ALWAYS been a fan of black audio equipment; not to mention it would go well with the king of the dark side, the HD650 =D

Mar 12, 2006 at 6:21 AM Post #62 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
I got a sudden craving to buy DT880s late last year... I was just reading about them, looking at pics etc. and suddenly I had to have them. Like a bolt of lightning hit me... I was literally ready to sell my body if that had been necessary
tongue.gif
. Ended up waiting about a week before ordering (needed to find the money), but my intuition was oh so correct in the end.

Guess it was sort of an impulse purchase, but based on a powerful intuition that I would love them.

Yeah, I'm going to miss my DT880's, they are truely a great headphone. But now with the GS-1, i need at least some money to function this month. Maybe some day the DT880's will be knocking on my doorstep once more, probably on another impulse muahahaha

Mar 12, 2006 at 8:41 AM Post #63 of 84
Quote:

I got a sudden craving to buy DT880s late last year... I was just reading about them, looking at pics etc. and suddenly I had to have them. Like a bolt of lightning hit me... I was literally ready to sell my body if that had been necessary
tongue.gif
. Ended up waiting about a week before ordering (needed to find the money), but my intuition was oh so correct in the end.

Guess it was sort of an impulse purchase, but based on a powerful intuition that I would love them.

Ahahaha
smily_headphones1.gif
The force is strong in you! I think we need a theme song for our team .. Something from team america perhaps. Im-pulse, ***** YEA!

Mar 12, 2006 at 12:24 PM Post #64 of 84
Well, I just joined this site today for the second time (can't remember my old user name/password) and I'd be interested in anybody's opinion on a website where I can buy an Amp, Dac and phones so I can impulse like the op has. I have checked out headroom but are there any other all in one sites out there? I live in Japan (job) right now so I don't mess with ebay anymore.

I'm interested in either the AKG 701s or the DT880s. I haven't heard either but I already know that I dislike the Sennheisers mid/high freq sound probably due to my 6K hearing loss in one ear.

My system will be used mostly with my computer but I have a very decent 3-4 year old system that I will also use.

Sorry, I didn't feel like starting another thread since this one was already here and is on the subject of blowing wads of cash.
biggrin.gif

Mar 12, 2006 at 1:22 PM Post #65 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by lolhahaha
Well, I just joined this site today for the second time (can't remember my old user name/password) and I'd be interested in anybody's opinion on a website where I can buy an Amp, Dac and phones so I can impulse like the op has. I have checked out headroom but are there any other all in one sites out there? I live in Japan (job) right now so I don't mess with ebay anymore.

I'm interested in either the AKG 701s or the DT880s. I haven't heard either but I already know that I dislike the Sennheisers mid/high freq sound probably due to my 6K hearing loss in one ear.

My system will be used mostly with my computer but I have a very decent 3-4 year old system that I will also use.

Sorry, I didn't feel like starting another thread since this one was already here and is on the subject of blowing wads of cash.
biggrin.gif

Try http://www.meier-audio.homepage.t-online.de/ or www.ttvj.com as well. Japan eh? Grab some Audio Technica AD2000s for me please.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 12, 2006 at 2:50 PM Post #66 of 84
Do people really like those Audio Technicas?

I can't seem to get away from them here. They are absolutely the only things sold in every shop here, even down to the cheapie stores.

I had no idea they made good products because of this spam. I mean, most stores here have 2-3 cheapie headphones and then an absolute ambush of Audio Technicas from 10 dollars up to around 200-300 dollars.

Mar 12, 2006 at 2:55 PM Post #67 of 84
Quote:

Do people really like those Audio Technicas?

I can't seem to get away from them here. They are absolutely the only things sold in every shop here, even down to the cheapie stores.

I had no idea they made good products because of this spam. I mean, most stores here have 2-3 cheapie headphones and then an absolute ambush of Audio Technicas from 10 dollars up to around 200-300 dollars.

Where are you from?
A lot of people here are fans of the AT line. They really do make some great sounding cans.

Mar 12, 2006 at 2:58 PM Post #68 of 84
Quote:

Congrats, but sorry about the loss of the (IMO great sounding) DT880.
evil_smiley.gif
Hey, I guess some just crave for a warmer, bassier sound. I no longer care for the Sennheiser house sound myself, but mileage obviously varies.

Not meaning to offend, but this post sounds quite insidious
wink.gif

Mar 12, 2006 at 3:00 PM Post #69 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by markot86
I don't know what came over me but something made me CRAVE the HD650 and... I bought it >.<

Hopefully I won't be dissapointed =D

I think that you'll adore the HD650 with your Gilmore amps.

Mar 12, 2006 at 3:18 PM Post #71 of 84
Quote:

I have checked out headroom but are there any other all in one sites out there? I live in Japan (job) right now so I don't mess with ebay anymore.

If you're in Japan definitely try to buy local. I know that a few Japanese-american members wait on some purchases until they can get back to Japan to buy Audio Technicas, Sonys, etc. Not sure about any of the Japanese amps though. I think Audio Technica has one that's matched to the w5000 but I haven't read a single thing about it. If you're not in a big city though ignore that advice. I'd go with Meier if the shipping isn't weird from Germany to Japan.

Mar 12, 2006 at 4:08 PM Post #72 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime
If you're in Japan definitely try to buy local. I know that a few Japanese-american members wait on some purchases until they can get back to Japan to buy Audio Technicas, Sonys, etc. Not sure about any of the Japanese amps though. I think Audio Technica has one that's matched to the w5000 but I haven't read a single thing about it. If you're not in a big city though ignore that advice. I'd go with Meier if the shipping isn't weird from Germany to Japan.

The thing is I don't trust their marketing here. I'd go for some AT's but here they seem less than unique to say the least. AT's are sold in drugstores here for less than a pack of batteries.

I live near Tokyo.

I can buy 10 of anything that anybody wanted, lol.

Mar 12, 2006 at 4:11 PM Post #73 of 84
Quote:

The thing is I don't trust their marketing here. I'd go for some AT's but here they seem less than unique to say the least. AT's are sold in drugstores here for less than a pack of batteries.

I live near Tokyo.

The same thing can be said about Sony. That doesn't mean they don't make good high end products.

Mar 12, 2006 at 4:12 PM Post #74 of 84
Quote:

Please pick up a pair of ATH-W1000s and ATH-AD2000s for me please.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back